Pool table re cover

67tbird

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm looking for advice on pros and con's of glueing just the edge of the cloth versus glueing the whole surface, and which glue is recommended. Any help is appreciated

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

67tbird

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK thank you. My buddy wanted to do it that way but I was pretty sure you guys did only edge. Do you ever have to re stretch the cloth, like a month after install? He thinks we will have to

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
You are getting horrible advice from your buddy. I would find someone else to get advice from.If anything do the opposite of what your buddy suggests.

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
I service the Central New York area. Depending on your location, I may be able to help you with your cloth install. Feel free to contact me, if you'd like.

If you'd prefer to do the work yourself, I would strongly recommend purchasing the Simonis Cloth Installation DVDs. It's $25 well-spent, even if you plan to install a different brand of cloth.

https://www.seyberts.com/pool-table...nis-rail-bed-cloth-installation-training-dvd/

67tbird

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are getting horrible advice from your buddy. I would find someone else to get advice from.If anything do the opposite of what your buddy suggests.

It's his table, he has always restretched but never glued.

Last edited:

67tbird

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will be helping my buddy with a cloth install over the weekend. He has 3/4 inch backer under his slate.

We were considering gluing it, but I've been browsing around and it looks like many of you staple as well. We have always used staples in the past.

Can the staples be replaced by using spray glue, should they be used in addition to the glue, or staples only? If it was my table I would pay a professional but that's not an option here.

Thanks for any helpful replies, they are really appreciated.