pool video's

lastdimetaker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you are like me you watch a lot of pool on your phone an through internet. I have a huge DVD collection of pool videos. But I quit buying them it just not how I watch videos anymore. There are several videos I would buy right now if I could just buy them through amazon and down load and keep in my cloud. Even accu stats I would rather have in my cloud . its more convenient for me. Hell I can watch a lot for free on the internet but I want to own it and manage it on my devices at my convenience. Maybe its already possible someone tell me how. I have kindle fire and android. .. No more DVDs for me...no laptops either..

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Almost any answers you get would involve potential violations of copyright and thereby the risk of expensive-to-defend lawsuits. Hopefully any solutions would be posted as PMs to you and not posted to an Internet thread. Just common sense advice FWIW.

No risk at all if you pay for the download from producers who implicitly allow you to create a personal, viewable file (viewable on any appropriate device) of their pool-related product. A risk would be inherent if you electronically disseminate any such file to other viewers.

Arnaldo

Atlatlien

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is no law (that I'm aware of) against making copies of media that you own for your own personal use, such as creating digital backups. It just requires certain software to rip the DVD, then also to convert to a mobile format.

Any distribution would be a different matter altogether, legal-wise...

lastdimetaker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just want accu stats or who ever to make their videos available for purchase on amazon so I can buy it and own it in my cloud so I can watch or store on my kindle fire. I have movies and other instruction videos on other topics in my amazon account. Its gonna be like this in the future. So I wish the billiard industry would make the leap away from DVD. I want to be able to buy a match down load it and watch at my convenience an play on different devices just like my music. No one buys CDs anymore do they.

Last edited:

Atlatlien

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With a little bit of research and some free software, you can just do it yourself. That way you'll feel good having accomplished something and you'll also be able to convert to whatever format works best for you and still have the hard copy for when you don't have an internet connection.

Asking a business or an industry to change its standards to satisfy the desires of one person is asking a bit much IMO. Especially when it's ridiculously easy to DIY.

lastdimetaker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With a little bit of research and some free software, you can just do it yourself. That way you'll feel good having accomplished something and you'll also be able to convert to whatever format works best for you and still have the hard copy for when you don't have an internet connection.

Asking a business or an industry to change its standards to satisfy the desires of one person is asking a bit much IMO. Especially when it's ridiculously easy to DIY.

You added so much to this topic thanks for pointing out how rediculious it was for me to even think that since so many others have moved towards the cloud, maybe I could get pool on it too. Yeah for my own greedy purposes. Well I'm gonna get banned for sure when I say **** YOU an your opinion.