Poolified Movie Quotes

Floppage

True Beginner
Silver Member
A little bored while watching moneybattle.com matches so...

What if we took popular movie quotes and made them about pool?

Most golf fans will name this movie easily.

"Well, I tend to think of a pool stroke as a poem.

The critical opening phrase of this poem will always be the stance. The back foot is slid into a firm spot, turned just out for stability while the front foot moves forward, aiming along the target line. Pulled into position not by the hands but by the body, the stroke arm coils back while the bridge arm guides the cue forward as in a single elegant twist. Focus is everything; perfection unobtainable as the upper body begins to bend into position, bridge hand set like stone, eyes fixed on the target.

A few practice strokes and a slight hesitation. A little nod to the gods. That he is fallible. That perfection is unobtainable. Eyes fixed not on the pocket but on the object ball, always the object ball. Man's acknowledgment that cannot control the future but only the present. And now the stroke arm swings forward smooth and effortlessly pulled by the powers inside the earth. It is alive, this stroke! A single moving part in an otherwise frozen sculpture, straight through contact, always forward, striking the ball crisply, with character. A tuning fork goes off in your heart and your balls. Such a pure feeling is the well-struck pool shot. Now the follow through to finish along the sight line toward the cloth. Always online. The powerful gaze of the Rifleman. The soothing confidence of Willie Mosconi.

End the unfinished symphony of Floppage."

Floppage

True Beginner
Silver Member
OK, I couldn't resist this one...

Player: "Why did you take so long to finish that table?"
Moderator: "You don't have to answer that question!"
Table Mechanic: "I'll answer the question!"

Table Mechanic: "You want answers?"
Player: "I want the truth."
Table Mechanic: "YOU WANT ANSWERS?"
Player: "I WANT THE TRUTH"
Table Mechanic: "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH."

Table Mechanic: "Son, we play a game on tables, and those table have to be maintained by men with skills. Who’s gonna do it? You? You, Floppage? I have a great responsibility than you could ever fathom. You weep for poolhustler, and you curse me. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That my comments, while boastful, probably saved pool. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves pool. You don’t want the truth because deep down in places you don’t talk about at league night, you want me fixing those rails, you NEED me fixing those rails. We use terms like diamondizing, shelf depth, leveling system. We use these terms as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps on the consistency of the very tables I maintain, and then questions the manner in which I maintained them. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a stapler, and recloth a table. Either way, I don’t give a damn what you think you are entitled to."

Floppage

True Beginner
Silver Member
Standing at the Hustlin booth in Reno...

"Oh, this is the worst looking shirt I ever saw. What, when you buy a shirt like this I bet you get a free bowl of soup, huh?"

[looks over to see another player wearing the same shirt]

"Oh, it looks good on you though"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=171FURqSIQc (43 second mark)