pooltables.ca? Or somewhere else

Wallis94

Hi, new to the site, not entirely new to pool, just new to getting my own table.
Was wondering if any of you might have some information on whether www.pooltables.ca is a decent buy. I'm located in Canada the price was perfect, plus shipping, and it all seems legit, just wondering if anyone has any experience with them. They speak French (located in Quebec) which is fine for me as it is my second language, and so I know she's answering my questions with what I want, but for some reason the price seems low, and I don't want to get jipped on my first table. Any input is great, thanks!!

-Wallis

Last edited:

JD_Hogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi, new to the site, not entirely new to pool, just new to getting my own table.
Was wondering if any of you might have some information on whether www.pooltables.ca is a decent buy. I'm located in Canada the price was perfect, plus shipping, and it all seems legit, just wondering if anyone has any experience with them. They speak French (located in Quebec) which is fine for me as it is my second language, and so I know she's answering my questions with what I want, but for some reason the price seems low, and I don't want to get jipped on my first table. Any input is great, thanks!!

-Wallis

Check with DB Custom Cues in Milton (ask for Don) --- He will set you up with a table at a reasonable rate and you don't have to worry bout getting jipped. Not sure where you live but Don's a good guy.

Wallis94

Thanks for the quick reply! I'm actually in NWT, and my current budget is around 3000 for a table. Not sure how much don is charging (I'll definitely be lookin though) but the site from Quebec has me at 2k for the oak table and another 1.3k for upgraded accessory, 10 cue rack, table cover, and shipping. On their site they advertise having solid wood frames and rails, including k66 rubber and 1" slate with genuine leather pockets. I mean on top, it seems like a nice deal for a reasonable quality table. I guess what I'm saying is I don't know an average running price for a decent 8' table and I hope this isn't too good to be true

bgrierson

Registered
Probably curb-side delivery which means they drop the crate at the front of your driveway. I've assembled several direct buy tables and delivery is never included. Also, rails are not covered and you should have a billiard mechanic do the work for you, especially the levelling and cloth work!. I tried opening the link you included and it didn't open for me, majority of the direct buy sites (if not all) use Chinese or Brazilian slate as opposed to Italian. FYI, Italian slate is the best in the world and always has been. Just some information for you and all the best!

Donason

Hi Wallis64. I am just curious as to what you decided to do. My husband and I have been showering the internet looking for any type of review on www.pooltables.ca and have found nothing until your post. We have since learned that www.bullz.ca is the same company as I have requested quotes from both. Yes it does seem to good to be true and in our case we would save a little over $1000 if we bought from them. The video they provide makes it seem pretty easy for my handy husband to install. This will be our first pool table and we want it to be nice looking plus affordable. Thus making this site attractive to us. Why are there no other customers reviews online. Scares me. Anyone?

Donason

Pooltables.ca? or somewhere else

Hi Wallis64. I am just curious as to what you decided to do. My husband and I have been showering the internet looking for any type of review on www.pooltables.ca and have found nothing until your post. We have since learned that www.bullz.ca is the same company as I have requested quotes from both. Yes it does seem to good to be true and in our case we would save a little over $1000 if we bought from them. The video they provide makes it seem pretty easy for my handy husband to install. This will be our first pool table and we want it to be nice looking plus affordable. Thus making this site attractive to us. Why are there no other customers reviews online. Scares me. Anyone?

I recently purchased a table from pooltables.ca and have the following complaint – the first installer I called, whom was on their list of recommended installers for my area, had no clue as to what he was doing. In fact, his background was limited to that of having maintained 60 (or so) bar-room tables that he once owned and that had been scattered throughout the bars in the city in which I live. In short, he was never actually in the business of installing tables for customers and had only ever dealt with 3.5 x 7 tables in any meaningful way, all of which were of the type with one-piece slabs. Anyways, after he had left, I gently rolled a ball across one of the seams, only to watch in horror as it did a crisp 90 degree turn before rolling a few more inches and coming to a stop, and not only that but the cloth was a complete write-off due to the extreme mess that he had made in the vicinity of the pockets. I contacted pooltables.ca to share my experience with them so that they could remove him from their list of references and also to ask about obtaining a new cloth and what that might cost. They apologized and said they would get back to me about the cloth and even seemed to suggest a willingness on their part to help me out in that regard but then I never heard anything further from them. Oh, and in talking to the old guy who had ‘attempted’ to install my pool table, I learned that his interaction with pooltables.ca was limited to that of having received a very brief phone call, a very long time ago, wherein he was asked if he installed pool tables, to which he replied that, yes, he does that. So my advice is to find an installer on your own because, as my experience has taught me, pooltables.ca puts absolutely no effort whatsoever into the process of locating competent installers.