PoolVids.com back online

tonmo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After much tinkering I've got PoolVids.com up and running again, using a totally different back-end which should make for better video quality and a more stable system.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, PoolVids.com is a site dedicated to user-contributed home videos of pool playing. I started it because I became very obsessed with pool once getting my own table, and at the time didn't think there was much by way of video sites dedicated to amateur pool / home videos. Over the past year I've spoken a few times with Mike and Jerry about PoolVids.com, and we're aligned that this is a complementary effort. We hope over time that such properties will become increasingly integrated as both technology and content improves over time.

I've re-uploaded all videos posted in the past, but unfortunately the member database was not saved, nor were the descriptions and tags for the videos. I do remember who posted which videos, and so past contributors, if you join again I will work to assign your videos to your account.

Thanks to a few of you who encourged me not to deep-six the site when I ran into technical problems!

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
that's good news and also great that it can host up to 200 mb instead of former 100 limit! Thanks for your site tonmo.

tonmo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was down for about 10 minutes or so -- in fact, the entire data center where my one dedicated server is hosted appeared to be down for that time. They have 99.9% uptime assurance, so this should be a rarity. It's up now -- thanks!