Porper Big Shaver

Homerjay

I bought this toy a few months back and thought it was going to be like all of his other products. It is really not good. I believe that it is a tool that tries to do too much. It is really unbalanced and cumbersome.

I replaced the tip on my Mezz last night. I put on a Moori, and as you all know, they are not cheap. However I always buy them in pairs, just because one never knows. After placing the tip on my cue, I tried to use the Big Shaver to shape the tip, per the directions provided. It just does not work. It ripped the tip in half.

It also left nasty marks on my ferrule. I would advise people to not bother. Buy the little shaver and invest time and elbow grease while replacing the tip. You will get really good results.

The big shaver is now a 100 dollar paperweight.

Just to reiterate, I FOLLOWED THE DIRECTIONS TO THE LETTER.

Last edited:

4onthebreak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agree 100%

It was my first shaper tool and MIGHT be my last...I'll probably get the itch for another pool gadget in the future.

I tried it the way it said. I checked the internets. I even tried it turned around. All I ever managed to do was damage the ferrule, dent the shaft, and/or shave barley anything off a part of the tip.

I mangled one of my house cues testing it out. There's no way I'd ever try this on one of my shooting cues.