Position Play for High Runs - Johnny Holiday - Rare pocket billiards/pool book

whitey2

Time Stand Still
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Position Play for High Runs - Johnny Holiday - Rare pocket billiards/pool book

Although I have an ebay auction listing scheduled for 11:00 AM PST, I will consider offers from members here, at at discounted price. I will gladly allow local pickup in Eastern Massachusetts, USA as well. I'm very busy, and unable to check this forum as often as I check my email at miskinis@hotmail.com ...

I'm not sure if it's OK to post the ebay link here, so please see the specific forum on this board. I'm not one who breaks rules, and asks for forgiveness later. :)

Anyway, I know this book has been sought after by some folks here, albeit enthusiasts, collectors, flippers, rich folk, pool fanatics like I used to be, etc. ) Anyway, happy Friday the 13th, and have a great day!

DETAILS:

Published originally in 1973, this is the second printing from 1975. This is most likely the rarest and most sought-after book on pocket billiards or pool, ever published. It contains knowledge that is considered secret according to many people that I have spoken to, back when pool was my main hobby. It contains diagrams for advanced position play, and although geared towards the 14.1 continuous straight-pool game, the techniques can are applicable to any game. It's the type of book, where one page/diagram can provide a weekend of learning. It is my most treasured pool book., but I injured my back, to the point where I have lost interest in the game. I bought this book new, and have been the only owner. I noticed that there is a very small water or coffee stain on the cover, and on just the corners of the first few pages, and on the bottom. There is no writing anywhere in the book, including the blank pages at the end! Although complete, the first few pages are loose at the top, and the first page is completely loose. I will try my best to capture the condition in the photographs. It is really an amazing book, and seems to be unavailable anywhere else. I expect the value to increase over time, due to its rarity. The first photograph is stock, but I will provide some pictures of the actual book shortly. Thank you for your interest. I have not bought or sold anything on ebay in many years, but please check my feedback history, which is 100%, and please read the comments. I am very flexible on shipping options. Thank you for your interest.

Attachments

• position_play_for_high_runs_big.jpg.png
    position_play_for_high_runs_big.jpg.png
    98.2 KB · Views: 582

whitey2

Time Stand Still
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
no one bought this on ebay, still available

Hi Folks,

I've been busy, but just logged in and replied to my PMs. This is one
of the few things that I own, that is so rare that it is not available
anywhere else, at any price.

I'm asking $200 firm, but will negotiate slightly if someone wants to
come pick it up in Framingham, MA. I'm having some banking issues
(no pun intended), and until I get my new account up and running, I
am in need of cash.

Thanks for your interest....

whitey2

Time Stand Still
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hi Folks,

This book did not sell on ebay for $200. There are now apparently two of them available on amazon, the lowest being about $80. If someone wants to pick mine up in Framingham, I will sell it for $70 cash and carry, today and tomorrow only. Thanks for your time...