Positive experience with Proficient Billiards

chenjy9

I am not much for writing positive reviews (too lazy), but I feel like I have to for Proficient Billiards.

So recently I scratched up the finish the forearm of my Mezz EC7-ES when I failed to notice the chalk beneath the cue when shooting. While it is by no means an "expensive" cue in the world of cues, it is still my current main player and my first cue since my McD almost 15 years ago. While it doesn't affect playability, I can always see it and that bothers me. Naturally, I was pretty heartbroken about it. I called up Mr. Chris Nitti to see if he also performed refinishing work and he referred me to Proficient Billiards as he already had his plate full and so I called them.

Enter Matt and Scot at Proficient Billiards. From the start, these two have been nothing short of absolute God sent professionals. They were always super responsive to my calls and had me email them photos of the long scratch. I sent it in last Monday, they got that following Wednesday, sent it out this Wednesday, I received it today(after a great ordeal caused by an incompetent new FedEx driver 🤬), and it looks and feels absolutely perfect. The shaft I sent in with the cue also came back with the nicks removed and resealed, feeling even slicker than how it was before. I am a joyous man again!

You hear about horror stories all the time, but this has been an absolutely positive experience for me. While this was probably an easy fix for Scot, he passed it off as just doing some filling, it was fantastic service for me. I wholeheartedly recommend Proficient Billiards for anyone needing restoration work done on their cues!

Last edited:

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They did a few shafts for me and installed new tips on them.
Nice people to deal with, excellent work, on time, and reasonably priced.
Top notch.
Highly recommended, down to earth people.

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am not much for writing positive reviews (too lazy), but I feel like I have to for Proficient Billiards.

So recently I scratched up the finish the forearm of my Mezz EC7-ES when I failed to notice the chalk beneath the cue when shooting. While it is by no means an "expensive" cue in the world of cues, it is still my current main player and my first cue since my McD almost 15 years ago. While it doesn't affect playability, I can always see it and that bothers me. Naturally, I was pretty heartbroken about it. I called up Mr. Chris Nitti to see if he also performed refinishing work and he referred me to Proficient Billiards as he already had his plate full and so I called them.

Enter Matt and Scot at Proficient Billiards. From the start, these two have been nothing short of absolute God sent professionals. They were always super responsive to my calls and had me email them photos of the long scratch. I sent it in last Monday, they got that following Wednesday, sent it out this Wednesday, I received it today(after a great ordeal caused by an incompetent new FedEx driver 🤬), and it looks and feels absolutely perfect. The shaft I sent in with the cue also came back with the nicks removed and resealed, feeling even slicker than how it was before. I am a joyous man again!

You hear about horror stories all the time, but this has been an absolutely positive experience for me. While this was probably an easy fix for Scot, he passed it off as just doing some filling, it was fantastic service for me. I wholeheartedly recommend Proficient Billiards for anyone needing restoration work done on their cues!

I had my 1993 Dan Dishaw and three shafts refinished by Proficient this year. Cue looks great. I'd recommend them to anyone!