Positive Image of Pool on TV

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
Link: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tcDmwn9n6M8.

We need more of these exhibitions in every mall in America.
Great public relations tool.
Locals rooms could have a raffle for a decent cue and case.
Lesser prizes could be free table time or group lessons.
The e-mail addresses gathered could be used as a contact list for future promotions.

Something like ......
Dr. Billiards Traveling Trick Shot Show featuring Venom.
 
Last edited:
Link: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tcDmwn9n6M8.

We need more of these exhibitions in every mall in America.
Great public relations tool.
Locals rooms could have a raffle for a decent cue and case.
Lesser prizes could be free table time or group lessons.
The e-mail addresses gathered could be used as a contact list for future promotions.

Something like ......
Dr. Billiards Traveling Trick Shot Show featuring Venom.

NO NO NO! This is not pool. Very few who go down the trick shot route are any better then your average club or league player. Tell me that SVB would be SVB if he went down this track. I don't want to hear about Mike Massey. He was a great player with big cue power who decided that this was a more stable and lucrative way to go.

If we took say the top 5 trick shot artists in the world and drop them in the US Open I would bet a thousand that none of them get past the third round unless they get a bye, forfeit or draw each other.

The next time I play one pocket I'm going to ask my opponent if I can place the rack beside my pocket to allow me to herd balls home.
 
Last edited:
To each their own

The trick shot guys are up there with fads like "Sudden Death 7 Ball" and "Speed Pool". That kids home table looks like it was just left outside on Miami beach.
 
That kids home table looks like it was just left outside on Miami beach.

Masses and Jump shots are hard as hell on a table. Couple that with the fact that a lot of these are being done over and over and over in the same area.

Then throw in the fact that recovering a pool table with decent cloth is around 450 best case scenario provided rails and other repairs arent needed, and this kid is 14 years old and will have to convince his parents to do this.

On top of all that, I would bet that after a fresh recover that table will look like complete shit and need it done again in 6 months or less.
 
Back
Top