Possible Stolen Ernie Martinez - Ebay

Dhakala

Banned
Look at the bid history. The seller is cancelling bids, claiming the cue is "broken" on April 4 and today, April 8, "not for sell no more going to keep sorry." Nobody's going to get this cue on eBay. I just canceled my snipe. :)

If it's stolen, the thief has finally realized that eBay is the worst possible place to fence it.

CueJunkiee

Shoot with the Best TOOLS
Silver Member
fesc29.
Welcome to AZ where cue scammers etc are busted daily.

Sounds like your cue is messed up with Ernie walking off his shop and things going awry....
Good luck on recovering the cue i hope someday soon it's back in your hands...

PoolSleuth

Banned
FESC29 said:
Hi, I am the original owner of this EM cue that is discussed here. I could finally registered for this forum. I just reported it to "You suspect stolen property is for sale" on eBay.(I don't know if it's too late to stop it or not...) I bought this cue on ebay Dec 25, 2005 from the seller named Shane Nowak and Kevin.(LTS inc.) living in Denver, Co.

Thank you for all of your opinions!
Dai

I find you story interesting and would like to ask you a couple of questions.

When you sent the Cue in question to Ernie how do you know Ernie received it? Did he call you or do you have a proof of Delivery from your shipper?

If indeed Ernie did receive it, and turned around and sold it(the Cue, your Cue) to a THIRD PARTY, think as I said before your BEEF is with Ernie.

Is the (Your) Cue Unique in any way, that is it considered a One of a Kind, or has any Identifying Marks on it like a Serial Number, Signature with Date of Completion, etc., etc.?

I ask the above Question as many Cuemakers make the SAME DESIGN over and over again, like the GREAT Cuemaker Ernie Gutierrez aka Gina Cue.

This question would be asked by Law Enforcement as how would you expect them to Identify what I will call One of Many as yours with out something about your Cue being UNIQUE?

FESC29

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Original owner

When I sent my cue and $90 money order(repairing cost) to Ernie, his wife emailed me and said, "It will take 2weeks to finish repairing." After that, I hadn't heard nothing from them for 3weeks, so I called Ernie. He said, "I got your cue. It will take a couple of weeks to finish it." He has disappeared since then.
I know that my beef should be with Ernie if he really sold it to a third party. So I asked the guy who selling my cue on ebay that, "Please send me a picture of your receipt. You can screen off the name of the shop if you want. What I need is the proof that you really paid for this cue. Without seeing it, I can't let you sell my cue." But he refused it.
On this cue, there is no any serial# or identifying marks. I don't even know if it's one of a kind or not. But the cue case is also exactly the same as mine.(I am not talking about only its type but the way it's worn out.) My friend gave me this case, and I used it to send the cue to Ernie. If you see the picture of your cue and your case that are missing, you would surely know these are yours.
Someone from Colorado is selling the exact same cue and case as mine on ebay right after mine is missing in Colorado. This is enough to make me believe that this cue is mine. (We also don't see many Ernie's cues on ebay or any online cue store.) Since last year, I have seen only 2 Ernie's cues on ebay. I won the first one, and second one that was exactly the same as first one and the case that was the exact same case as mine were just sold..... Is it a coincidence??

MacGyver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What you need to do is take legal action and quickly.

If you don't live in colorado, you should check with your local FBI office as I believe this would be cross-state fraud. They will be able to get the sellers info or will at least scare ernie into getting the cue back. Federal crimes are no joke....

Immidiatly contact the DA of where-ever ernie lives and file the complaint ASAP.

If your friend does like the cue than I do agree its best to not let anyone else buy it, but that seems to be taken care of right now...

Contact DA/FBI/police asap though before they sell the cue some other way....

Often just the call from the state is enough to get them to make things right as they dont want legal trouble, and many people online will only complain to paypal or ebay and not the authorities.

kokopuffs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since the U.S. Post Office, a federal office nonetheless, has been involved in the transaction, then a federal offense has been committed. It's called wire fraud. Contact the local U.S. Postal Inspector's Office to file a complaint. And have handy all of your receipts and correspondance concerning this transaction and they'll act on the complaint in due time. Be aware that the investigation may take some time but that's what they've done for me in the two complaints that I've filed with them. The case was ultimately resolved to my satisfaction.

Last edited:

Dhakala

Banned
And the winner is...

... someone who also buys lots of Gucci sunglasses. The cue went for $380. I'm still betting that the seller refuses to part with it.

"Original Owner," pursue the matter with the cops. eBay will give them both parties' names and addresses very readily. Good luck.