Possible TAR format addition.

RackOnTour

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I started to reply to the "Hatch The Shark" thread after reading Kid Dynomite's repy which I have posted here. Then I thought it might be better served with its own thread to keep that thread OT.

As players you don't disrespect the promoter and fans! You dress accordingly, given its streamed worldwide and recorded. You limit your motions when the opponents at the table. ITS JUST COMMON COURTESY!

TAR needed a format change requiring the ref to make all calls! Thus, limiting player interaction!

Grady used to say he wanted his opponent behind a screen so he would have no idea who he was playing and what they were doing. Just come to the table and play them as they lay.

Wouldn't that be cool to find out your opponent at the end like surprise its blank pro player!

Kd

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

What a great idea. Grady was certainly on the money. It would however be a nightmare tring to keep the players a secret and the in-house audience might be an issue in notifying a player...if only by some peoples presence.
The players would need to be quiet during play to help conceal their identity. The hidden areas would also need to be well devised to prevent any prying by opponents.

This format should be given serious thought, even if it could happen once it might change the face of streaming a private match. It obviously lends itself better to 14.1 than 9ball or 10ball but would be a great idea for a short race as a prelim match to a major TAR event.

TAR presents the "Blind Draw Preliminary Match-up" between Player A and Player B. $1000 to the winner and $500 to the loser.
I have no doubt that private sponsors for this amount could easily be sourced. Especially if they had a sponsored player in the mix.
TAR $500
Player A sponsor $500
Player B sponsor $500

I know it looks like the funds are coming from TAR as the sponsors would really only be providing $500 for each of their players to front - it was just off the top of my head as they could not complain about somebody else getting their cash. There is probably a better way to fund it and Justin would need to assess it.
If it were done during BCA then it would be easier to arrange.
Plenty to players to choose, no problem IDing them by their presence or absence from a tournament and NO extra airfares.

It will probably have to wait until the TAR ranking list is published so the match-up could be as fair as possible with no weight.

What does everybody think? How would it fare as a prelim match?
Whatever happens I think it would attract great interest and be a good prelim for a major TAR match.

Kudos to Grady(RIP) and Kid Dynomite for the initial idea.