Practice what I Preach

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
Just putting the last endeavor to sleep. 😉
Perhaps Prescription or Prescribe would be better than preach.
A Fitness program.
Every morning greet the sun.
20240516_065036.jpg

That's on 10 second timer and at full squat. Whew!
It's a fitness program! Yikes!
Off we go......into the wild blue yonder.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
Thank you.
Ah the camera as a tool as used by a fool. 😉
Left vs Right is the way to star to play. Start start I say. The picture reverses. Oh well. 20240516_070543.jpg
20240516_070512.jpg

With the orange stripe 13 as target. Allowing the sun and shadow to dictate the shot gives different attempts with Left and right. Since the sun on the back is the prescription for the physical therapy the challenge makes it interesting. 🤷‍♂️
Lefty scores and leads 6-0 off we go

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
Afternoon sermon:
3 ball is a powerful and effective practice.
The break gives me instant feedback. If I hit it right whitey comes straight back about 6 inches. Simple 🤷‍♂️

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
It's like 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon. Sub CBL for Bacon.
You got me ! Had to go to Google to parse. The 6 degrees of Kevin is new to me. 🤷‍♂️ Perhaps this is a good thing to take from my search.
and then connect with others who shared similar interests.
Sub CBL ? Cue Ball Last?
According to Urban Dictionary, the term "sub" is an abbreviation for "subliminal". It is an underhanded comment directed at a specific person meant to insult or embarrass them publicly on a social networking site, usually Facebo
For Bacon has me stumped. Oh well. 😉

I prefer cueball at impact.
As Oscar enquired, "Why would I look anywhere else?
My morning fitness program is geared to looking at the white as it is struck. It works good enough for Stephen Hendry, Ronnie O'Sullivan and it was Willie Hoppe's book that got me started employing the method. 🤷‍♂️

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
The focus for me has evolved to the exit wound. The imaginary place the tip would leave the cueball if it was magically immovable. My eyes can remain on the precise contact but my focus is on driving the tip through the ball to the prescribed exit.
When I am focused the rotation of the cueball at impact with the object ball is readable along with the transfer or lack thereof to the object ball.
The Big Eye comes first. Imagine the shot.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You got me ! Had to go to Google to parse. The 6 degrees of Kevin is new to me. 🤷‍♂️ Perhaps this is a good thing to take from my search.
and then connect with others who shared similar interests.
Sub CBL ? Cue Ball Last?
According to Urban Dictionary, the term "sub" is an abbreviation for "subliminal". It is an underhanded comment directed at a specific person meant to insult or embarrass them publicly on a social networking site, usually Facebo
For Bacon has me stumped. Oh well. 😉

I prefer cueball at impact.
As Oscar enquired, "Why would I look anywhere else?
My morning fitness program is geared to looking at the white as it is struck. It works good enough for Stephen Hendry, Ronnie O'Sullivan and it was Willie Hoppe's book that got me started employing the method. 🤷‍♂️
Yes substitute "Cueball last". Means it all leads to CBL. lol...

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
My morning fitness program (at this time) is called Kicks Like A Mule.
It requires 3 target templates and a base template. 3 object balls and 3 cue balls. Stripes can serve as cueballs in a pinch.
20240517_074819.jpg

The challeng starts with random placement of the pads. I drop them 1 at a time from the light.
20240517_075525.jpg
This morning the 5 will be the first target. Shooting 1 handed going 1 rail.
My scoring system awards a point for hitting the 5 ball. It awards points for where both balls rest after the shot. 3 for in a hole 3 for kissing 2 for on the paper and 1 for over the paper. A maximum would have both balls resting in the holes and kissing.
The difficulty can be arranged for simple if just starting out. 😉 The race can be short or long. My preference is 9 points required to move on to target 2, the stripe. It's executed using both hands and an upright stance as taught by Mosconi. Target 2 requires 2 rails before contact. The 3rd target is the 8 ball on the King pad which has a center hole that's worth 5 points. The final target gets the chin on the cue snooker method. 3 rails or more required before contact with the black.
My goal is to get an approximate 1 hour workout. The fitness program requires strict adherence to the steps of the dance. While it becomes routine it's still a dance. 😉

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
Oooops I forgot the Left vs Right is the competition. If one hand lags significantly behind the other, a handicap can be employed. My Left hand started out way behind but has the advantage of better foundation and mechanics that have been built from the ground up. The Right hand had bad habits that were so ingrained as to resurface at times, usually at the worst time. When under pressure.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
Good morning Sat. May 18, 2024
20240518_053553.jpg

The therapy is the stretch and flex.
20240518_053704.jpg
put it into slow motion for physical condition ing.
So the dance goes from the Frog to the Dog. The Dog is Beauty (my dog) on her toes at full stretch to see what's on that table.
Lefty finds a 4 to open the door. 0 service 4..........off we go.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
Here comes the sun.
20240518_055012.jpg
A good habit
Is keeping the chalk where I can grab it.
I carry a back up fob. Back up fob.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
At the top is The. RATTLE SNAKE! hold it for 10 seconds. Finding the power coil .
Balance testing as I post. Multiplicity 🤷‍♂️

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
Just putting the last endeavor to sleep. 😉
Perhaps Prescription or Prescribe would be better than preach.
A Fitness program.
Every morning greet the sun.View attachment 758382
That's on 10 second timer and at full squat. Whew!
It's a fitness program! Yikes!
Off we go......into the wild blue yonder.
I started doing those kind of full squats a couple months ago. Not all the time, but a couple or a handfull of times throughout the day. It's definitely improved my mobility and pain levels.

If anyone in interested, if you're not able to fully do them, start by sitting on a bucket and work down to a cinder block/stair step etc. Basically you can work your way down till you have the mobility to do them without assistance. Even if you can't do them without something to rest on they help. You can also grab a pole, like a basement pole or deck/fence post whatever to assist. It takes a bit to build up but they are really helpful.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
The Falcon is after the snake. Was gonna call it The Eagle but that rhymes with Beagle....not a good name, not a good name. Falcon is the focus on the interaction of the tip and ball. Be prepared to report.
20240518_062642.jpg

Lefty is definitely groove E
First the 5 on the purple 4 then hits the 2 railer to the teal 2 for 5 more!
0 service 15 wow.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
I started doing those kind of full squats a couple months ago. Not all the time, but a couple or a handfull of times throughout the day. It's definitely improved my mobility and pain levels.

If anyone in interested, if you're not able to fully do them, start by sitting on a bucket and work down to a cinder block/stair step etc. Basically you can work your way down till you have the mobility to do them without assistance. Even if you can't do them without something to rest on they help. You can also grab a pole, like a basement pole or deck/fence post whatever to assist. It takes a bit to build up but they are really helpful.
Good Therapist , you are. 👍
Ah thank you! I was struggling with how to say that. A Dirty Harry line comes to mind."A man's gotta know his limitations."

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
But we all gotta start somewhere. Re habiting. 🤷‍♂️
Oh yeah the game report.....Lefty was showing off and hit the 5 at station 2 one handed. Right reply with, "that's a bridge too far." Making a 4 with Mosconi setting the form.