Predator air II vs Lucasi air hog II

CaleAYS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve used an air 2 a good amount. Only used a air hog 2 a handful of times cause a buddy has one. They are both good jumpers imo. I could do everything I wanted with both. Air hog extension makes it a bit longer than your average 3 piece jump cue so if your taller that’s a plus. Predator has better resell value if you decided to get rid of it down the road. I don’t know. Both are good choices. The Predator air rush I heard is supposed to be on the market within the next two months which looks long like the air hog but I’m guessing it’s gonna have a close to $500 price tag.

Last edited:

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Which one and why please
I’m not familiar with the Lucasi but the Predator Air II is the first jump cue I’ve ever had any success being able to jump with.

I’ve had numerous right shoulder replacements / revisions, so I’m unable to elevate the cue more than 30-35 degrees max, and can still easily jump over a ball between 6 inches and 3 feet in front of the cue ball.

Gear101

I have a PAII and really enjoy the cues build quality. Personally did not like the tip it came with so switched that out for a Mako, but overall a nice cue.

I know of the Lucasi cues, they are nice as well. Played with a couple of thier cues in the past, but cannot real speak of thier jump cue.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve had both and they are both fine. I do like that the predator breaks down even smaller for dart jumps.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I just bought the predator air 1 off someone after trying it out for a bit love the feel of it.

First jump cue I ever tried though but it's great imo and very decent price used

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m not familiar with the Lucasi but the Predator Air II is the first jump cue I’ve ever had any success being able to jump with.

I’ve had numerous right shoulder replacements / revisions, so I’m unable to elevate the cue more than 30-35 degrees max, and can still easily jump over a ball between 6 inches and 3 feet in front of the cue ball.
Have you tried a dart stroke? Due to a bad rotator cuff, it‘s all I can use. A very light cue helps tremendously with that type of stroke. With my Jacoby, I can jump from about 3/4 ball to over 4’ without issue.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have you tried a dart stroke? Due to a bad rotator cuff, it‘s all I can use. A very light cue helps tremendously with that type of stroke. With my Jacoby, I can jump from about 3/4 ball to over 4’ without issue.
I haven’t worked with the dart stroke enough yet, but with the P2 I’ve had success getting the cue ball up pretty fast even when I don’t elevate the cue more than 30-35 degrees.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven’t worked with the dart stroke enough yet, but with the P2 I’ve had success getting the cue ball up pretty fast even when I don’t elevate the cue more than 30-35 degrees.
Until you can elevate more, you won’t be able to get over anything closer than you do now.

I highly recommend working on a dart stroke given your physical limitations. The key is a “quick” wrist stroke, not “hard”.