predator bk2

mickb94

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have an icebreaker j/b, which i love. been told to switch to the predator bk2. my main question is, whats the main difference in the bk1 and the bk2? I've broke with the bk1 when they first came out, and honestly wasnt extremely crazy about it. it was nice, but just couldnt see it breaking good enough for the price tag. I play with a predator cue and think that predator has all the technology in the world. is the bk2 a lot better than the bk1? should i switch from my icebreaker?

Keep the Icebreaker. I just switched from the Icebreaker to the BK2 with the sport grip and regret it. The Icebreaker breaks more solid. I have the original BK1 as well. I am actually breaking with the BK1 butt with the BK2 shaft combination at this time. Not liking the sport grip at all.

Last edited:

Train1077

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Personaly I don't know the differnce between them. But my experience is that BK2 very easily put too much spin in the CB, which makes it hard to control. But it has a VERY powerful hit.

deep

OFF THE CHAIN
Silver Member
I know a few people who much prefer the bk1 over the bk2.

I've owned both and if i had to have one back, it would be the bk1.

Tbeaux

Angelic Hotdog
Silver Member
Never used either but why switch if you like the Icebreaker? Someone else on the forum had a BK2 joint explode on them awhile back. Don't know if that's a problem with them or not though.

skor

missing shots since 1995
Silver Member
I have the Icebreaker and theBK2, the Ice jumps very good and it easy to control the cue ball on jumps.
But I find the BK2 to be a better break cue. To me it feels more solid and it has a bigger break with less power.

mickb94

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks

thanks for all the input. i think im gonna keep the icebreaker a little while longer...at least til the bk3 comes out. lol.

leftfootbl

not enough money!!!!
Silver Member
how is the icebreaker being compared to the x breaker? in terms of breaking and jumping. thanks.