Predator Revo

fish2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tried a few shots with Predator Revo and it felt that the shaft was very light compared to a maple shaft. It also felt hollow. Does anyone share the same sentiments?

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very true they have no heart long as in the feel department, For sure finest tapered carbon shaft, deflection properties on the market as well as the slick finish!

Zerksies

Not at all. it physically weighs the same as a wood shaft and the hit feels the same as a wood shaft. The only thing i noticed is the shaft has less vibration on hit is the only thing i feel. I didn't seem anything with the "normal" complaints on my shaft

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tried a few shots with Predator Revo and it felt that the shaft was very light compared to a maple shaft. It also felt hollow. Does anyone share the same sentiments?

No, the 12.4 Revo I have makes the cue more forward heavy than any of my maple shafts I can think of. Hollow, maybe a bit, depending on the generation you got. Mine had an extra 1/8" plastic pad added and I think it helped with the hit feel of the shaft to be a bit softer.

Grilled Cheese

p.i.i.t.h.
Silver Member
My Revo (like most others) is almost 4oz. I have maple shafts that range from 3.5-3.7oz, and that is a noticible difference in terms of balance.

But we're talking overall cue balance. Shaft balance itself, the Revo is obviously lightest up front, whereas a maple shaft distributes that weight more evenly. However, even on maple shaft the least amount of mass is up front (assuming you don't have a 1"+ genuine ivory ferrule or something) due to taper - that factor is less noticible on balance than overall shaft weight.