predator sneaky pete or ikon?

marcone

old style cues
Silver Member
hi all,

i'm looking to buy a preator but I'd like to know what difference between full splice and c4 hit.

TheThaiger

Banned
I'd also like to know the answer to this - maybe it would generate more interest if it was asked in the main forum?

I've played with a Blak, which is also C4, so I'm presuming it's pretty much the same as an Ikon. There was noticeably little in terms of vibration throughout the butt, which I'm guessing is what they call 'buzz'. Sorry I can't help more - I have very little experience of hitting with any pool cue so can't really comment further - but I am considering buying a Pred SP, so am interested in responses.

ajuarbe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would also like to know if anyone has played with a predator sneaky pete. I played with a team members Ikon with a Z2 shaft and I liked it very much. I have my eye on the predator sneaky pete with the wrap. I know this is a full splice cue and would like to know if anyone has hit with one and what they thought about it.

Monto P2

Asia Billiards
Silver Member
I personally prefer full splice cues, vibration is considerably low because of the way full splice are made. Blak series have ebony nose and a phenolic insert. I really like how ikon 7 plays.I havent hit with other ikon models.

I think if you like wrapless than you can go for Sneaky, and if you like wrap than conisder ikon.

Predator is coming up with two new special edition models in collabration with mezz, should be out in a week or so.

Check them out:thumbup:

ajuarbe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was considering the Ikon 2 but a team member has one and I feel funny about getting the same cue he does. I like the sneaky pete but I like the 4 pointer with the wrap. I am not sure I could get used to a wrap less cue. I am sure all the Ikon cues play the same, but I would not get one of the pricier Ikons since they are all the Ikon 1 or 2 with different designs.

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sneaky all the way!

The sneaky's play real good and nice energy transfer to the backhand.I've tryed a Blak series cue and did not like it,but I think it was the way the cue was balanced.Balance of a cue is one big requirement for me.The sneaky's also have a Phenolic insert in the joint and shaft.Great cue for the money,and would be my pick if I had to play with either.Takecare and Goodluck.:)

Monto P2

Asia Billiards
Silver Member
I was considering the Ikon 2 but a team member has one and I feel funny about getting the same cue he does. I like the sneaky pete but I like the 4 pointer with the wrap. I am not sure I could get used to a wrap less cue. I am sure all the Ikon cues play the same, but I would not get one of the pricier Ikons since they are all the Ikon 1 or 2 with different designs.

You can easily get a sneaky with a wrap:thumbup:

Monto P2

Asia Billiards
Silver Member
waiting the new models!:)

Here you go,

ALCHEMY

Predator Special Editions
Rare beauty designed to ignite desire and fuel your passion for winning.
Predator and Mezz Cues have joined forces to create a force to be reckoned with - Alchemy. Thuya burr, wenge and other exotic woods combine to embellish Alchemy Sol and Luna with an exquisite 7-point detail. This pinnacle of beauty is equally gifted with Predator's game-changing shaft technology. Signed by Mezz Cues President Kazunori Miki, only 50 of each model will grace the game and the world

se_luna_big.png
se_sol_big.png

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
terrible!

Out of every Predator cue in history,those 2 Preds are the worst looking Preds ever.There's one model in the Icon series that has orange inlays that looks just as bad.Predator better hire a new design man quick if that stuff keeps coming out of the factory.I still love Predator but with Icon,P3,and these 2 cues I think they've hit a brick wall.With the Quiet Rollers they showed a spark,with these cues the spark is gone.Just my opinion

Monto P2

Asia Billiards
Silver Member
Out of every Predator cue in history,those 2 Preds are the worst looking Preds ever.There's one model in the Icon series that has orange inlays that looks just as bad.Predator better hire a new design man quick if that stuff keeps coming out of the factory.I still love Predator but with Icon,P3,and these 2 cues I think they've hit a brick wall.With the Quiet Rollers they showed a spark,with these cues the spark is gone.Just my opinion

This cue is Predator+Mezz:D

twal

"W"
Silver Member
I would need to agee.
I thought at first glance it was a viking.
Not a good thing for predator.
Unless they want to be like viking...

mazinga74

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Trust me the pictures don't do justice for these cues.
If you see them in real person your mind will change.
I thought the same when I saw the pics but
when I saw it in real life it changed my mind.
I think its the best looking one that they did.