Predator Snooker Cue

wontonny

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hahaha anything to make money right?

I haven't played with a snooker cue, but a 9-10mm tip already has low inherent deflection right?

Making the shaft radially consistent is pointless too because snooker players use the same orientation of their cue each and every time.

Non-ash shafts? Increased spin?

:thumbup:

Underclocked

.........Whut?.........
Silver Member
If a couple of the major pro players endorse them, they will sell. I think it's not a bad idea at all.

JAW725

Southpaw
Silver Member
I find it kind of interesting. If these Predator snooker shafts are really low deflecting and they give a few away to the pros, it very well could catch on.

abs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"hahaha anything to make money right?"

Anything to make money? Last time I checked most cue building companies and independent cue builders are in the business of making money.

"Making the shaft radially consistent is pointless too because snooker players use the same orientation of their cue each and every time."

Actually that would depend on the player, some do, some don't. If your shaft is consistent radially, it's one less thing to have to deal with in your play... I'd take that convenience in any cue.

DeHouser

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, this is unexpected.

I'm not certain that the look of these cues will catch on with those that already play snooker, unless the performance is game changing. Price is a factor, too: if the P3 snooker cue costs ~$500, that sort of investment gets you into a hand-made cue from John Parris, Mike Woolridge, or any other number of cue makers that specialize in snooker cues.

My own sense is that these will have more appeal to non-traditionalists. Perhaps this could lead to a resurgence in the popularity of snooker in North America, in which case, it's a good thing.

I'll be watching with interest.

TheThaiger

Banned
"hahaha anything to make money right?"

Anything to make money? Last time I checked most cue building companies and independent cue builders are in the business of making money.

"Making the shaft radially consistent is pointless too because snooker players use the same orientation of their cue each and every time."

Actually that would depend on the player, some do, some don't. If your shaft is consistent radially, it's one less thing to have to deal with in your play... I'd take that convenience in any cue.

I doubt 1% of all snooker players have even heard of "radial consistency", with only about 1% of those giving a shit enough to "orientate their cue each and every time".

shinobi

kanadajindayo
Silver Member
To me this isn't a surprise. I was more surprised that they hadn't tried this already long ago.

Underclocked

.........Whut?.........
Silver Member
I do think they would have been wise to create a contrasting color difference at the laminations. Lengthwise and straight obvious lines.