Predator Z3 shaft

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member
The For Sale forum section seems to have nothing, I was wondering if anyone had a uniloc Z3 shaft that they're willing to let go of? Please PM me.

Kris_b1104

Silver Member
Z3 with 11.5 Diameter is and extra $35 or $374.
Only $125 away from a Revo
I had a Revo and played with it for a few months and sold it, didn't really like the feel of the carbon fiber, I much prefer a wooden shaft. I've been playing with a 314-2 for about 8-9 years now.

Just looking to go to a smaller diamater shaft like the Z3 preferably. It's just way too expensive brand new.

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
$340 is insane for a Z3

6 years ago I got an S-tuned Z3 for about $240 and plain Z2s were on sale for $225.

I suspect the 25% tariff on Chinese goods has not helped the price structure.

9ballhasbeen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a Revo and played with it for a few months and sold it, didn't really like the feel of the carbon fiber, I much prefer a wooden shaft. I've been playing with a 314-2 for about 8-9 years now.

Just looking to go to a smaller diamater shaft like the Z3 preferably. It's just way too expensive brand new.
I'd encourage you to try a Cynergy. It plays nothing like a Revo.

Zerksies

I remember getting gen one 314 shafts for $175. I just started playing again and i'm seeing Gen 3 for about $400 with a new tip and trimmed down to 12.5

Kris_b1104

Silver Member
$340 is insane for a Z3

6 years ago I got an S-tuned Z3 for about $240 and plain Z2s were on sale for $225.

I suspect the 25% tariff on Chinese goods has not helped the price structure.
$240 sounds like a steal right about now!

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd encourage you to try a Cynergy. It plays nothing like a Revo.

But it also does not play much like a Z3 either. It had about the same deflection and hit feel as an earlier 314. More deflection than a Z3 and more flex than many CF shafts out there, probably more flex than a decent number of wood LD shafts.

9ballhasbeen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But it also does not play much like a Z3 either. It had about the same deflection and hit feel as an earlier 314. More deflection than a Z3 and more flex than many CF shafts out there, probably more flex than a decent number of wood LD shafts.
I'm going to have to disagree with you on this, especially considering I own and have spent time with every piece of equipment we are discussing here. To each their own I recon, but I would agree that Cynergy shafts do deflect a bit more than a Revo. For my game, this allows me to create an angle and shape my ball when necessary, plus I can actually feel what the shaft is doing unlike a Revo.

In my experience, Cynergy shafts defect less than a 314-2 or 314-3, and are about in line with the Z-3 in terms of defelction. The only difference between the Z-2 and Z-3 was the incorporation of a different ferrule material (due to contamination issues across all predator shaft ferrules) and the tip plate. This was a carry over of materials used to develop the Vantage shaft.

The Cynergy 11.8 has greater static stiffness than the Z-2 or Z-3, and transfers more power. With these points in mind, I'll circle back around to my original point... When we are talking about a $339 wood shaft that's design has been around for a decade or a Carbon Fiber shaft that plays quite similarly for $60 dollars more with a lifetime warranty, I'd again say its worth a test drive.

Kris_b1104

Silver Member
I'm going to have to disagree with you on this, especially considering I own and have spent time with every piece of equipment we are discussing here. To each their own I recon, but I would agree that Cynergy shafts do deflect a bit more than a Revo. For my game, this allows me to create an angle and shape my ball when necessary, plus I can actually feel what the shaft is doing unlike a Revo.

In my experience, Cynergy shafts defect less than a 314-2 or 314-3, and are about in line with the Z-3 in terms of defelction. The only difference between the Z-2 and Z-3 was the incorporation of a different ferrule material (due to contamination issues across all predator shaft ferrules) and the tip plate. This was a carry over of materials used to develop the Vantage shaft.

The Cynergy 11.8 has greater static stiffness than the Z-2 or Z-3, and transfers more power. With these points in mind, I'll circle back around to my original point... When we are talking about a $339 wood shaft that's design has been around for a decade or a Carbon Fiber shaft that plays quite similarly for $60 dollars more with a lifetime warranty, I'd again say its worth a test drive.
You have some interesting points. I just can't see myself going back to a carbon fiber shaft after owning a Revo and selling it after a couple months. I broke even so I'm not even mad, it held it's value.

I just like the traditional hit and feel of a wooden shaft.

Does anyone at the top level play with a Cynergy besides Shane? I know it's because he's sponsored by them. Everyone at my pool hall seems to have a Revo but they are pretty dogwater when it comes to actual playing.

I feel like it gives people a false sense of confidence that they will actually play better.

I do admit the Revo was pretty consistent for me in terms of ball pocketing and deflection predictability, just didn't like the feel.

Idk man, to each their own.

If I see someone with a Cynergy at my local pool hall, I'll ask them to try it out.

9ballhasbeen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You have some interesting points. I just can't see myself going back to a carbon fiber shaft after owning a Revo and selling it after a couple months. I broke even so I'm not even mad, it held it's value.

Does anyone at the top level play with a Cynergy besides Shane? I know it's because he's sponsored by them. Everyone at my pool hall seems to have a Revo but they are pretty dogwater when it comes to actual playing.

I feel like it gives people a false sense of confidence that they will actually play better.

I do admit the Revo was pretty consistent for me in terms of ball pocketing and deflection predictability, just didn't like the feel.

If I see someone with a Cynergy at my local pool hall, I'll ask them to try it out.
I hope you get a chance to try one sometime.

To answer your question regarding quality players using Cynergy, Fedor Gorst, Shane Wolford, Landon Hollingsworth, Nick De Leon, Jeremy Jones, Joey Gray, Ana Gradsnik, Dang Jinhu, and Tony Jungo to name a few off the top of my head.

Play well!

BigAlbert333

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I had both. For me personally, I preferred the Cynergy over the Revo. Feel, ball pocketing and crazy as it sounds even build quality in terms of how it looked while shooting, the quality of the carbon fiber on the cynergy was much better.

In the end, I sold both. I do regret selling the Cynergy. The one I use now is the Mezz Ignite and love it. It plays similar to the Cynergy. They are expensive as hell but got a "descent" deal on one.

But my overall dilemma is... Wood or carbon fiber. I just cannot decide. Love the qualities of carbon fiber but nothing will ever compare to the feel of wood. It's really far and few you see anyone shoot with wood now days.

I keep going back and forth...

NathanDetroit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

My Z2 is 11.7.

You're saying the 314-3 is smaller?