Projection System - Illuminated Cueing Arts

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
I finally got a projection system from Illuminated Cueing Arts (icatraining.com). I can't say enough good things about it! Seriously, it's pretty awesome.

There's a ton of practice/training modules available on their website, which can be downloaded straight into your ICATS (Illuminated Cueing Arts Training System).

Setting up the projector was simple enough with the provided instructions. It can be a do-it-yourself job, but the instructions recommend a helper.

The system came with some preloaded sample drills and practice shots, but I found it pretty simple to make my own. You can design your own drills and practice shots and then save them and reload them anytime you want.

To show how neat it all works, here is my 1st video using the system...

Last edited:

DeadStick

i like turtles
Gold Member
Silver Member
I finally got a projection system from Illuminated Cueing Arts (icatraining.com). I can't say enough good things about it! Seriously, it's pretty awesome.

There's a ton of practice/training modules available on their website, which can be downloaded straight into your ICATS (Illuminated Cueing Arts Training System).

Setting up the projector was simple enough with the provided instructions. It can be a do-it-yourself job, but the instructions recommend a helper.

The system came with some preloaded sample drills and practice shots, but I found it pretty simple to make my own. You can design your own drills and practice shots and then save them and reload them anytime you want.

To show how neat it all works, here is my 1st video using the system...

Very cool!

I’m in the golf simulator/launch monitor business. We have a PuttView system ($25K), which is a similar concept with a projector in the ceiling showing breaks for slow, medium. and fast speed depending on the pre-mapped slopes to each cup, but adds a camera for real-time ball tracking so it paints a dotted line on the putting surface as your ball rolls towards the cup. It can optionally retain those actual path lines during the session so you can see your dispersion pattern of any number of putts. Many PGA Tour pros and serious ams have them in their homes.

Any idea whether the ICA folks plan to add a camera for cue ball and/or object ball tracking in the future? Ideally it would identify every ball on the table, and let you pick an object ball, then it would paint the ideal cue ball path, speed, and spin to get best position on the next ball. With enough coding, they could calculate the best pattern for a runout in any game, re-calcing it after each shot based on actual positions.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Very cool!

I’m in the golf simulator/launch monitor business. We have a PuttView system ($25K), which is a similar concept with a projector in the ceiling showing breaks for slow, medium. and fast speed depending on the pre-mapped slopes to each cup, but adds a camera for real-time ball tracking so it paints a dotted line on the putting surface as your ball rolls towards the cup. It can optionally retain those actual path lines during the session so you can see your dispersion pattern of any number of putts. Many PGA Tour pros and serious ams have them in their homes.

Any idea whether the ICA folks plan to add a camera for cue ball and/or object ball tracking in the future? Ideally it would identify every ball on the table, and let you pick an object ball, then it would paint the ideal cue ball path, speed, and spin to get best position on the next ball. With enough coding, they could calculate the best pattern for a runout in any game, re-calcing it after each shot based on actual positions.
Not sure what the designers for ICA have planned next. But the camera sounds cool!