Proposition bet - How many shots?

desert1pocket

Registered Fish
Silver Member
I have been attempting to master this proposition bet, and I'm just curious how all of you would bet on it. I'm sure many of you are familiar with this one. The bet is to make the OB in all 6 pockets, starting with the straight in shot, and going around the table clockwise, using X number of shots. Each shot the balls are re-set in the same place; cueball frozen to the rail at the first diamond, and the OB frozen at the 2nd diamond.

CueTable Help

Question 1- How many shots would you give me if we were betting?

Question 2- How many shots do you think it would take you?

Question 3 - How many shots would you bet $ that you could do it in?

steev

Lazy User
Silver Member
Q1: 9?
Q2: 15?
Q3: 25?

of course if I were planning on betting something like this I'd practice. some of these would be guesses on the first try.

-s

DEAD MONEY G

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the best ive seen is 9 my best is 13 i will give you
18 i have tried it a hundred times and only broke 18 about 10 times

desert1pocket

Registered Fish
Silver Member
BPG24 said:
Can you show us each shot?

The correct way to shoot each one

I don't know about the correct way, but here is a rough idea of how I shoot them. As far as I know the corner pockets are always played off the same rails, but there are variations for both side holes. The cross side can also be 4 railed, and the side hole the balls are on can also be 3 railed.

CueTable Help

thepavlos

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The way I've seen this done is that the object ball is the same as you have it and you get ball in hand behind the line to make 6 banks.
1. single side
2 double side
3 single corner
4 double corner
5 2-rail back corner
6 3-rail back corner

desert1pocket

Registered Fish
Silver Member
thepavlos said:
The way I've seen this done is that the object ball is the same as you have it and you get ball in hand behind the line to make 6 banks.
1. single side
2 double side
3 single corner
4 double corner
5 2-rail back corner
6 3-rail back corner

That would be a whole lot easier, but I don't think I would get near as many bets on it.