Pure Nonsense

duckie

GregH
Silver Member
“That's true...however the dominant eye receives visual information 10/1000th's of a second before the recessive eye...far too fast for the eyes not to work together. Once your vision moves beyond 30", or hands reach, the eyes triangulate...so we "see" with both eyes.”

I won’t post in the instructor forum but this almost made me break the long standing rule.

First........light from a object that the eyes collect to produce a imagine in the eye travel at the same speed. How would the light from a object know which eye is dominant and therefore travel slower?

The imagines from the eyes can reach the visual cortex at different times.

Then there is the total lack of understanding of vergence. According to the link Near Point Convergence is 30cm.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vergence

duckie

GregH
Silver Member
Really sad.......all the great minds and know it alls in the instructor forum and not one corrected Scott Lee on this statement.

Guess they all believe light travels at different speeds off a object. Like looking at a white wall........I wonder which of those reflected white light is traveling slower than the rest.

And do not understand vergence. Pool relies so much on vision and yet there are so many instructors that don’t understand all the parts that make up the visual system.