Question about Builder Jim Baxter - Cue Quality

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello ,

I am Looking ar a Cue that was built by Jim Baxter , I am not familer with him and was Hoping someone here has and can let me know the quality of hsi work. I spoke to him briefly on the phone and he seems genuinely Nice and i enjoyed speaking with him. The Cue really caught my eye as it has the veneers I have been wanting and unable to find a cue with those , He told me it was really old Smelke blank that is Brazilin rosewood that he has had for several years, The gave me a good price on it and just wanted to see what guys here who have Baxter cues think of them. Thanks for the info in advanced

triley41395

You'll shoot your eye out
Silver Member
I have never owned one of his cues but I have heard enough about him to know if I were in the market for one I would definitely pull the trigger. I have never seen a high end collectors cue by him,I think he just focuses on players.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
so far with our crowd he has been a great addition. his work has been good, he stands behind it, and his prices have been fair.
and i havent heard of him not delivering or not doing what he says.
but buying anything unseen you should have some recourse if you dont like it for any reason. a restocking fee could apply.

Reactions: bbb

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Haven't you had problems with him before ?
Jim's great only Justin could find a reason to go ape tits over something minor.

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for all the help guys , I really Appericate it. This Cue has killer veneers and he said it is brazil rosewood , It is a Sharp cue . he seems like A genuine nice guy . The price seems fair for the cue .

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't know about his cues but I just received a set of JP's from him.
He was a pleasure to deal with although he does shoot from the hip, quirky.
I am very happy with them.
His engraving could be better but he does sub contract the engraving.
I felt I got a good product at a fair price.

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He offered a 10 day trial period and at $650 with 4 full splice veneers and a beautiful cue at that sounds pretty tempting.

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He's trying to change his writing style but the wording gives him away, every time!
Excuse You , but I am not Justnum. I have done business with other az friends here who can account for that. They think I had a stroke from having Cancer and Chemo treatments and I lost my vision in my left eye so I am having trouble seeing and typing. I have sold a couple of cues and cases on here. I seen this cue that Jim Baxter had listed for sale and I don’t know him and just wanted some opinion’s on the quality of his work. I found what I needed to know.

lakeman77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jim is a great guy. I have a Dufferin sneaky conversion he did. It plays as good as any cue I've ever had.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Excuse You , but I am not Justnum. I have done business with other az friends here who can account for that. They think I had a stroke from having Cancer and Chemo treatments and I lost my vision in my left eye so I am having trouble seeing and typing. I have sold a couple of cues and cases on here. I seen this cue that Jim Baxter had listed for sale and I don’t know him and just wanted some opinion’s on the quality of his work. I found what I needed to know.
If so , I apologize with sincerity. But I'm sure gonna pay close attention, especially since I received a lengthy PM on FB from Justin Saturday afternoon. Almost everyone on earth I would pray for their health, including Justin.