Question re moving diamond table

rebelchris

rebelchris
Silver Member
Hey all. I posted this same question under the mechanic section but may be generalized question for this section. Anyway, my question is, how diffict would it be to move a diamond pro am table to the second floor of my house? Diamond website says to install this table on ground floor only and they sell 3 piece slate for upstairs. Would this be a very big task? Im thinking about a used one but may have to pass on it depending on responses. Thanks

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
Its doable for sure. The hardest part would be moving the slate. Each of those weighs about 270 lbs if I recall. But I did it with help from a buddy. We moved mine down a flight of stairs to my basement. Wouldn't want to have to do it everyday, but it wasn't all that bad.

Good luck.

jalapus logan

Silver Member
My wife's father used to teach at missippi state, so I guess she may beat me for helping the enemy ha ha ha. Starkville is a nice college town.

Cheers,

Jl

rebelchris

rebelchris
Silver Member
Yeah, i married an enemy too. We are a house divided. Thanks for the info. I would have guessed the one piece slate would weigh about 400lbs

Mike the Beginner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I talked to Diamond about this I was told that they deliver 1-piece slate tables with the rails and aprons already assembled. The whole assembly weighs about 900-1000 lbs. and half of that is too heavy for one man on stairs and doesn't fit if there are any curves or angles. Even if you can fit two men on the lower side it's still too much and it's hard for them both to get a good position on it and a good grip. That's why they only install 1-piece slates on ground level, so they can wheel the whole assembly in on carts, at most having to deal with a few steps here and there.

The 3-piece slate tables can be installed above or below ground level. On my 8-foot Pro 3-piece table one piece of slate weighs 250 lbs. and two men can handle that even though it's still pretty awkward.

You need a pro installer to set up your table anyway so why not just contact the best in your area and see if they want to take on the job of setting up a one-piece on an upstairs level. I assume they would be able to judge whether it could be done or not based on your specific situation. If you're planning on doing it yourself, I'd forget about that for more than one reason.

Mike

rebelchris

rebelchris
Silver Member
Thanks mike. My options are limited here in rural ms but i will for sure not be doing it myself.

jalapus logan

Silver Member
Thanks mike. My options are limited here in rural ms but i will for sure not be doing it myself.

I bought my nine foot three price slate diamond on eBay 2 hours away and a buddy and myself disassembled it and moved it with just the two of us no problem.I paid to have mine set up by a pro. My other buddy has a diamond nine foot as well and he has moved it twice and set it up by himself complete with Simon is 860 and the works. His plays great, just like mine. And he is no pro installer by any stretch of the imagination. You can do it yourself if you have a buddy. I know first hand.

Again, good luck. And yes, a diamond nine foot is worth it.