Questions about MEZZ Powerbreak 1 cues

lawful777

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After a long look at the replies I got regarding break cues, it appears that the MEZZ Powerbreak 1 has become my decision. I do have a couple last minute questions for anyone out there who knows.

1. Is the sonic tip legal in National tournaments. Some have told me it is another form of phenolic, some leather. Not sure if it is usable as-is or needs a replacement tip first. Also, how well does it break without changing anything.

2. Is the Powerbreak 1 the same as the ZZ-BK. This is the code I keep seeing online for what appears to be the same pic as the Powerbreak 1.

3. I currently shoot with a 18.6 oz Prather custom for a player, would you think an 18.5oz break would work well. I know this is subjective, some liking lighter, some heavier but I honestly don't know a good guideline and won't have the chance to try it out first. I do believe they have an adjustable weight system just in case.

4. Lastly, is there anyone out there who has used one and DIDN't like it. I have to buy sight unseen and want to make sure it will be at least a good break cue for me.

To all those who sent me pm's regarding used models, I appreciate all the offers. I have just decided it may be a safer move to buy new for a couple extra bucks. Thanks to everyone.
 
I see nobody commented on my post. Any thoughts would help me on this decision. Thanks for anyone that takes a minute to give me an answer or two. PMs are welcome too.
 
My answers are in red..

After a long look at the replies I got regarding break cues, it appears that the MEZZ Powerbreak 1 has become my decision. I do have a couple last minute questions for anyone out there who knows.

1. Is the sonic tip legal in National tournaments. Some have told me it is another form of phenolic, some leather. Not sure if it is usable as-is or needs a replacement tip first. Also, how well does it break without changing anything.

Not BCA legal, from what I've been told.. It's Phenolic!

2. Is the Powerbreak 1 the same as the ZZ-BK. This is the code I keep seeing online for what appears to be the same pic as the Powerbreak 1.

I dunno!


3. I currently shoot with a 18.6 oz Prather custom for a player, would you think an 18.5oz break would work well. I know this is subjective, some liking lighter, some heavier but I honestly don't know a good guideline and won't have the chance to try it out first. I do believe they have an adjustable weight system just in case.

No one can answer that for you.


4. Lastly, is there anyone out there who has used one and DIDN't like it. I have to buy sight unseen and want to make sure it will be at least a good break cue for me.

To all those who sent me pm's regarding used models, I appreciate all the offers. I have just decided it may be a safer move to buy new for a couple extra bucks. Thanks to everyone.

I love mine.. I've tried em all. I do hate the rubber wrap though, I'm going to replace it one of these days.
 
Do you know if it is VALLEY legal. We don't have a BCA around here but I plan on attending the Valley National tournament in May. I can have the tip replaced with a Samsara, just didn't know if I had to or not for our league. Thanks MOJOE......appreciate it!
 
After a long look at the replies I got regarding break cues, it appears that the MEZZ Powerbreak 1 has become my decision. I do have a couple last minute questions for anyone out there who knows.

1. Is the sonic tip legal in National tournaments. Some have told me it is another form of phenolic, some leather. Not sure if it is usable as-is or needs a replacement tip first. Also, how well does it break without changing anything.

2. Is the Powerbreak 1 the same as the ZZ-BK. This is the code I keep seeing online for what appears to be the same pic as the Powerbreak 1.

3. I currently shoot with a 18.6 oz Prather custom for a player, would you think an 18.5oz break would work well. I know this is subjective, some liking lighter, some heavier but I honestly don't know a good guideline and won't have the chance to try it out first. I do believe they have an adjustable weight system just in case.

4. Lastly, is there anyone out there who has used one and DIDN't like it. I have to buy sight unseen and want to make sure it will be at least a good break cue for me.

To all those who sent me pm's regarding used models, I appreciate all the offers. I have just decided it may be a safer move to buy new for a couple extra bucks. Thanks to everyone.


1) As far as I know the tip is perfectly legal. I have used it in many tournaments without question.

2) Yes, the code is for the PB1

3) Honestly, I'm not 100% sure if the weight is adjustable (if I had to guess though, I'm sure it is). I still play with the same weight as when I first received the cue and I wouldn't change a thing. I love the cue and the control I have on the CB.

4) Whenever someone asks what they would suggest as far as a break cue I always suggest the Mezz first. As someone who has played with one for the last 2 years, I am in love with it and will never switch my brand of break cue. I have tried a lot of break cues and this one was a perfect fit for me. It may not be the same for you. Not physically trying something out first is difficult. I never hit with a Mezz before I got mine but I trusted in the reviews and it worked out.

I would try getting in touch with BENFICA on here because that is who I bought mine from and he gave me a pretty sweet deal brand new. Take care and good luck! Hope this helped.
 
MOJOE...I actually got a J Flowers tribute case a couple months ago and was having a hard time getting my mezz in and out. There was a small hole in my wrap that continued to grow larger so I just cut the wrap off and now I actually have even more control with the CB. I'm prob gonna have a stacked leather wrap installed on it soon. And as for the tip, you are correct, it is 100% phenolic. Like I said though I have never been questioned about it.
 
Back
Top