Race to Five 3-Cushion Open @ Super Billiard Expo

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's the details from Professor QBall
This is an open tournament. We really want the pool player to give this game a try.

The location will be the room adjacent to the Pro Arena. For those that went last year this is the room where the trick shot event was held. The Pro Arena is where the 2013 3-Cushion Nationals were held.

RACE TO FIVE. Reduced.jpg

Floor Plan 2014.jpg
 
Last edited:
I'm not running this show, only a worker bee. But I seriously doubt if there's going to be a dress code.

It is not a USBA event.

Its an idea that Yura has had for several years and finally he has his first opportunity and moved on it. He's a huge supporter of the game. Most times behind the scenes.

This is simply going to be a fun time and an opportunity for those that want to get on these magnificent tables and test their skill. It will be a fast moving with a lot of excitement.

Paul and Yura.jpg
 
I'm in either way... So is it 'pay entry' at the door only (ie no mail in entry)- 1st come/ 1st served? / also is there only going to be enough time for 1 mini tournament per day mentioned?

thx again.
 
We're not set up to take entry fees via mail. I'll check into that and see if we can get that done. So for now it will be first come first serve, until further notice.

Paul Frankel is holding a USBA National Qualifier so the tables will be in use till this event kicks off. Paul is planning to get 20 players for this so it will take all day each day to finish. So yes it seems only 1 tournament per day.

On Saturday there's an Artistic exhibition after the Qualifier session is over and why Saturday starts later.
 
Just realized...race to 5...could be 1 inning off the break
Kind of short...any chance they may make a longer race....possibly 10 ?
3 cushion players in the area are saying they do not want to play going to 5
 
There's a couple of things here to consider.

First of all this event is to attract and expose pool players to the game. Growing the game is root cause for this event.

Second, is to get through 32 players in one session. Playing to 10 could take some over a half hour for some games and there's only 2 tables. I'll bet we see 20 min races to 5.

Third, yes short games are equalizers. This should get more pool players on the tables. Its really not about crowning the best player in the building. Its about having some fun. And of course a chance to win some decent cash with only $20 investment. Gee wiz the Qualifier entry fee is $185 and a chance to win the same money. I'm playing that and have little chance at any cash. Just going to get some games rather than sitting in a chair for 3 days.

I'll agree that its possible to run 5 off the break but I doubt it will happen. Maybe once with 2 kisses in the run. 5 off the break just isn't that common in armature play. Even pros don't hit the break perfect every time. In fact I've seen top players miss the break.
 
Back
Top