Radial or Uniloc Revo 12.4 tapped to 5/16 x 14

LJhookem14

My friends call me LJ
Silver Member
Which joint should I buy if I want to have the Revo tapped to 5/16 x 14? Basically which would be easier to tap by a cuemaker?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Uni Lock. I don't know how you would tap a radial female insert to make it 5/16 X 14, since it starts out at 3/8 X 10. The Uni Lock starts out small enough so you can do it.

All the best,
WW

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
Kim has it right, the Radial threads can be bored and tapped to accept an insert (the proper one) very easily. Your threads will work, but might be a little sloppy with the hole starting out at .2795" in a uniloc.

TAV6bis.jpg

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kim has it right, the Radial threads can be bored and tapped to accept an insert (the proper one) very easily. Your threads will work, but might be a little sloppy with the hole starting out at .2795" in a uniloc.

TAV6bis.jpg

Useless information now that you can buy a Revo in 5/16-14. Still worthwhile to know for the future in case any company is this dumb again.

CuesRus1973

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Uni Lock. I don't know how you would tap a radial female insert to make it 5/16 X 14, since it starts out at 3/8 X 10. The Uni Lock starts out small enough so you can do it.

All the best,
WW

You would do a correct installation of a proper insert, thus no need for tapping one that isn't necessarily correct.