Radial Pin?

crabbcatjohn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So i'm looking to buy a weight forward 4"or so cue extension. I email a dealer on Ebay who has them for sale and the ad says for a radial pin. I ask him if the one for a radial pin has a flat faced joint because the picture looks like a piloted joint. He responds back "there are several styles of radial pins on the market, this one is for a uniloc. What kind of cue do you have?"
So am i behind the times, uniformed or what? There is only one radial pin...right?

Black Cat 5791

I get all the Breaks
Silver Member
So i'm looking to buy a weight forward 4"or so cue extension. I email a dealer on Ebay who has them for sale and the ad says for a radial pin. I ask him if the one for a radial pin has a flat faced joint because the picture looks like a piloted joint. He responds back "there are several styles of radial pins on the market, this one is for a uniloc. What kind of cue do you have?"
So am i behind the times, uniformed or what? There is only one radial pin...right?

Oddly, I actually believe there are 2 Types with one being the more popular. Do a Google search for Uni-Loc Radial Pool Cue Pin, click the Images Tab. If your Pin is the same which I believe it is your good to go. This the same one I have. He's calling it that because the Uni-Loc Company markets their Radial Pin by attaching Uni-Loc to the name not because it's a Uni-Loc Quick Release Joint.

Hope this helps.

Black Cat :cool:

crabbcatjohn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oddly, I actually believe there are 2 Types with one being the more popular. Do a Google search for Uni-Loc Radial Pool Cue Pin, click the Images Tab. If your Pin is the same which I believe it is your good to go. This the same one I have. He's calling it that because the Uni-Loc Company markets their Radial Pin by attaching Uni-Loc to the name not because it's a Uni-Loc Quick Release Joint.

Hope this helps.

Black Cat :cool:[/QUOTE

Thanks! I just have a regular old radial pin but after viewing pictures i guess its the one. . I believe Bill Stroud invented them... Never heard of uni-loc putting their name on them until now.

Last edited:

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
I've always heard them referred to as Chinese and/or American Radial.

Chinese radial is common on the Imports, and American is what guys like Nitti use.

They are not interchangeable.

Contact AZ user Newsheriffintwn ....... he makes them a little shorter and lighter in weight. I've gotten 2 different ones, and like them way better than the Balance Rite.