Rail and cloth questions

paulempor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello oh mighty mechanics of the pool felt jungle!

Just purchased a house and picked up a used table off of craigslist. It is a Imperial Eliminator 7' :eek: (I know, I know but unfortunately thats all our pockets could afford)

http://www.dazadi.com/Game-Rooms/Bi...-Inch-Slate-Pool-Table-with-Drop-Pockets.html

My questions are :

1) The rails were fine in the beginning but after about 2 months of use, you can hear a thumping when a ball hits the head and foot rail. Do the rails need to be changed or could they just be loose and need to be glued back on better?

2) Cloth. I would love to have Simonis or Championship Tourn 3030 however funds are limited. I was talking with someone and the told me to look into Velocity Pro. Have any of you gentlemen ever use it and is it worth it.

3) I know everybody is different but was is a ball park figure or range for installation? I am in Northern New Jersey and have read and seen pictures of his work on here,Pat Odonell. Amazing work which I am sure warranties a price tag to match. I will have to give him a call.

4) Last question. Is it even worth the money to try and and redo the table? If it needs rails, and other work done?

Thank you for taking to time, in advance, for replying.

Paul

Last edited:

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
table

Pat and bobby both service your area...if your lucky they will both show up' and let me tell you, what ever they suggest be done to your table, do it! you will be extremely happy with there work' They are some of the best mechanics in the business bar none!
-
Rob.M