[Rails] Slight obtuse angle[NOT screw properly] balls jumping off is this possible ?

Hustlin-Felice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi everyone

I made a new theard because on previous we didn't find the answer.
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=334311&page=4

But I was analyzing the videos from manufacturer and all the post, and this is what I wonder now:

(to make a long story short, for those who don't know the subject, I had a problem with balls jumping of the rail on brand new 9ft pool table, producer checked rails and sent videos as a proof that they are OK, humidity in my room is at the level of 58 - 60 % with 21,5 - 22*C )

I have a different question, what would happend if rails wouldn't be screw tight enought ?

Because I was analyzing videos which I did record, and videos which I've got from producer.
And in my opinion, on videos from manufacturer rails seems to be more firm, square and giving diffrent sound ( I know that they don't have a box around, but still rubber react different ). They look diffrent.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB5DiwYESxo

On my videos, rails giving diffrent sound and seems like a nose of cushion is pointing celling (during the hit-contact CBand rail, it seems like there is a obtuse angle). I might be wrong.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc5uL1BRxw8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOGDUOg6ovs

But I wonder if balls would jump off the rail, if rail(s) would be not screw properly (tight enought)?
 
On a poorly done job, sometimes the rubber detaches from the rail. Or the wrong rail profile is used. See the included from wikipedia:

The profile of the rail cushion, which is the cushion's angle in relation to the bed of the table, varies between table types. The standard on American pool tables is the K-66 profile, which as defined by the BCA has a base of 1 3⁄16 inches and a nose height of 1 inch.[4] This[clarification needed] causes the balls' rebound to be somewhat predictable during game play.
On a carom table, the K-55 profile is used (with a somewhat sharper angle than pool cushions). K-55 cushions have cloth, usually canvas, vulcanized into the top of the rubber to adjust rebound accuracy and speed.[4]
Finally, snooker tables may use an L-shaped profile, such as the L77 profile.[5] This is mostly[clarification needed] because snooker uses balls of a smaller diameter and smaller pocket entrances than pool does.

Just throwing out that as an idea on what could cause the ball to jump off the rails.
 
On a poorly done job, sometimes the rubber detaches from the rail. Or the wrong rail profile is used. See the included from wikipedia:

The profile of the rail cushion, which is the cushion's angle in relation to the bed of the table, varies between table types. The standard on American pool tables is the K-66 profile, which as defined by the BCA has a base of 1 3⁄16 inches and a nose height of 1 inch.[4] This[clarification needed] causes the balls' rebound to be somewhat predictable during game play.
On a carom table, the K-55 profile is used (with a somewhat sharper angle than pool cushions). K-55 cushions have cloth, usually canvas, vulcanized into the top of the rubber to adjust rebound accuracy and speed.[4]
Finally, snooker tables may use an L-shaped profile, such as the L77 profile.[5] This is mostly[clarification needed] because snooker uses balls of a smaller diameter and smaller pocket entrances than pool does.

Just throwing out that as an idea on what could cause the ball to jump off the rails.

I know, I went throught nearly all of it.. But I reject that rails or rubbers are wrong because it is brand new official european tournament pool table. Rails and rubbers were tested by manufacturer, same with the height and angle of rubbers.

So the only thing which left in my opinion is that they were not screw tight enought, and this is my question now:if they were not screw tight enought would that cost balls jump off?
 
Back
Top