Rainwaters Recreation Garden City Michigan

lucky1974

Registered
Does anybody have any stories or remember playing here( Rainwater Recreation) It was located in Garden City Michigan on Ford Rd Between Middlebelt and Merriman. Jack Rainwater was a cool old dude. He was a local musician( country singer) who owned the place with his wife Terri. I used to hang out there starting when I was 15. He was a friend of my Dads so I got to stay till close( 1 or 2 a.m.) on the weekends. He recently passed away, So I am just reminiscing about an old friend. Hoping to hear some cool stories. He taught me how to play 14.1 and 3 cushion when it was slow. I know it was open 24 hrs in the 60's or 70's. He used to tell me there was a lot of action back then. He said lots of road players and hustlers used to come in. It had slowed way down by the time I started hanging out there (1988-89). But I got to play Ricky Gracyk a few times and a few other pretty good players. All the tables were nice Brunswick Anniversary. Had the opportunity to purchase one when he sold it, but had nowhere to put it. Still kick myself for not buying the table. Thanks for reading. Jason
 
Back
Top