Ralf souquet has a very tough draw in Enjoypool.com

X Breaker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was checking Ralf Souquet's draw, and noticed that he has a very tough draw.

His first round is against Max Eberle, then Santos Sambajon. After he wins, he will face the winner of Marlon Manalo and Bustamante.

After he wins this one, he will face Dennis Orcullo, Niels Feijen, or Marcus Chamat. Then, he will face the winner from the bottom half of the bracket, consisting of Mika Immonen, Corey Deuel, Earl Strickland, Jose Parica...etc.

And this is just to get to the final eight on the A side.

All the players are world beaters, there is absolutley no easy match.

Having said that, I have faith in Ralf's ability and his tough mental game. I will be pulling for Ralf. If anyone can make his way through, Ralf can.

I want to see Ralf win this tournament again, two years in a row!:)

Go Ralf!!!

Richard

Mike in MN

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
X Breaker said:
After he wins this one, he will face Dennis Orcullo, Niels Feijen, or Marcus Chamat. Then, he will face the winner from the bottom half of the bracket, consisting of Mika Immonen, Corey Deuel, Earl Strickland, Jose Parica...etc.

After he wins? That is a mighty tall order! Santos is tough, and I think it goes without saying that Manalo and Bustamante are each capable of being quite a tough opponent. If either of them gets in stroke it could be lights out in a hurry.

X Breaker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
9BallMarksman said:
After he wins? That is a mighty tall order! Santos is tough, and I think it goes without saying that Manalo and Bustamante are each capable of being quite a tough opponent. If either of them gets in stroke it could be lights out in a hurry.
Unfortunately, you are right! :( Ralf lost 11-5. He will have to come back from the B side to win the tournament now.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
not to be disrespectful, but I didnt see an easy draw, all the gladitors are there ready for war, should be good!!!! enjoy

Hail Mary Shot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
not only Ralf, but everyone on that tournament should be ready. such a strong field, whether bracket A or B, there is no easy pickings or cruising ! just need to play your best.

Andrew Manning

Aspiring know-it-all
Silver Member
X Breaker said:
Unfortunately, you are right! :( Ralf lost 11-5. He will have to come back from the B side to win the tournament now.

Honestly, I think there's a silver lining to that cloud. Playing that merciless draw through the A side would have been brutal on his nerves, confidence, and mental fatigue. I know professionals and champions (of which Ralf is both) deal with those things effectively, but I'm it won't be quite so exhausting for him (mentally, nervously, and physically) to have an easier match thrown in from time to time on the B side. Playing one or two opponents he can really thrash will probably really help his confidence and energy for if/when he meets those world-beater opponents again later in the tournament.

-Andrew

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
I was just looking at that bracket and I think Fatboy is right...there isnt a soft place in the draw. Look at the losers side right now. If you happened to lose first round, and you manage to beat another first round loser...look whats next:

Robb Saez
Paul Potier
Charles Bryant
Corey Deuel
Tony Crosby
Marcus Chamat
Marlon Manalo
Ralf Souquet
John Schmidt
Matt Krah
Charlie Williams
Gabe Owen
Appleton
Rodney Morris
Luc Salvas
Larry Nevel

And thats the LOSERS bracket. Man, thats one tough losers bracket.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hail Mary Shot said:
not only Ralf, but everyone on that tournament should be ready. such a strong field, whether bracket A or B, there is no easy pickings or cruising ! just need to play your best.

sadly my best wouldnt take me very far in that field

AuntyDan

/* Insert skill here */
Silver Member
X Breaker said:
I was checking Ralf Souquet's draw, and noticed that he has a very tough draw.

Then it's just as well that he's a damn tough player isn't it?