Real talk

Wald0

Registered
Look, I know I shouldn't complain too much because at least I have a place to play in my city on decent 9 ft tables that are maintained. Many here i'm sure are less fortunate.

The food sucks.. I have league every week at the place. I mean, is it too much to ask not to have frozen garbage and a menu that gets updated at least once a decade?

Every weekend tourney guys come in from out of town, and to the surprise of precisely nobody ever, says the food totally sucks.

I shouldnt be looking forward to my barbox league on the other night for some decent grub at the various pubs. No, I should NOT have to choose between good food or a good table. Why can't I(we) we have both?

Atlatlien

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Food is bad luck at the pool hall. Whenever I something to eat, it always comes out within like 3 minutes of my match starting.

I always eat before I get there or play hungry. Either way is better than dealing with food while I'm playing a match.

Bank it

Uh Huh, Sounds Legit
Silver Member
Have an open discussion with your halls manager or owner preferably. Every owner of a hall generally wants to make something better if it can make them a better profit & food if done correctly with food cost not exceeding 30% of its sale value is an area that owners can do well in.

It could be he really doesn't know his food sucks or he relies on his management that may not realize it or is lackadaisical about it. Try to open a line of communication & get several others to join you showing the owner or management that it's not 1 lone voice holding this opinion. Upside is it may change bringing you better food & better profits & business for the owner. At the very least it couldn't hurt.

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I never eat when playing. I try not to eat at least an couple of hours before I play. Food in my hands and in my stomach screws up my game. Have a beer.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Look, I know I shouldn't complain too much because at least I have a place to play in my city on decent 9 ft tables that are maintained. Many here i'm sure are less fortunate.

The food sucks.. I have league every week at the place. I mean, is it too much to ask not to have frozen garbage and a menu that gets updated at least once a decade?

Every weekend tourney guys come in from out of town, and to the surprise of precisely nobody ever, says the food totally sucks.

I shouldnt be looking forward to my barbox league on the other night for some decent grub at the various pubs. No, I should NOT have to choose between good food or a good table. Why can't I(we) we have both?

Waldo,

Perhaps you should relocate to Rochester, NY. Both pool rooms not only have excellent "bar" food but the tables are top notch. Want table variety? We have Valleys, Gold Crown V Tournament Editions, small Diamonds and large Diamonds. All in very good to excellent condition. Too bad you're not here!

Lyn

Strictly

Registered
Man on the contrary one of he halls I play league in has awesome food and if your hungry the smells flying around shark you so damn hard.

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
You don't have it so bad. At one of our bar league spots, the only fare to be had were chips from a vending machine or pickled rope bologna sitting atop the bar. At least the bologna was fresh, as it had only been there since 1969.

That place was also notable because I recall playing there one winter evening and discovered that their toilet bowl had the water frozen solid in the bowl. We all played pool with our winter coats on that night. Good times.

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Food is bad luck at the pool hall. Whenever I something to eat, it always comes out within like 3 minutes of my match starting.

^^^THIS^^^

What is the sixth sense that allows the kitchen in a pool hall to serve up your food just when you are about to play? I've tried varying the how long before I play I order the food but it doesn't matter - order earlier and the food takes longer!

I always go straight from work to my league, so I've got no ability to eat before.

Gideon<----Decent pub food, at least, should be available.