refelting the rails

cowboy395

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just recently purchased a GCIII and the previous owner had just ordered new simonis 860 for it. I set the table up VERY level and installed the felt on the playing surface, now I am ready to do the rails. After looking at them, I think whoever did the rails last time did a crappy job. Corners felt wasn't smooth and flush, just fast work in my opinion. If it's not to much trouble, I need instructions on how to install the felt the CORRECT WAY.
Thanks, Jason

scruffy1

Silver Member
cowboy395 said:
I just recently purchased a GCIII and the previous owner had just ordered new simonis 860 for it. I set the table up VERY level and installed the felt on the playing surface, now I am ready to do the rails. After looking at them, I think whoever did the rails last time did a crappy job. Corners felt wasn't smooth and flush, just fast work in my opinion. If it's not to much trouble, I need instructions on how to install the felt the CORRECT WAY.
Thanks, Jason
Jason,

The last guy probably had no prior experience covering rails. At the best he probaly looked online for how to instructions.;) Not saying you cant, but a professionals job would look much better. You might take the rails
themselves to a shop and just have them done. There are rail covering instructions out there but you cant copy experience especially with simonis.Good luck!

tsp&b

Silver Member
scruffy1 said:
Jason,

The last guy probably had no prior experience covering rails. At the best he probaly looked online for how to instructions.;) Not saying you cant, but a professionals job would look much better. You might take the rails
themselves to a shop and just have them done. There are rail covering instructions out there but you cant copy experience especially with simonis.Good luck!

Tap! Tap! Tap! Very good post. Short and to the point. :)