Refinish and repair work (a little before & after)

jbravo2984

~{BULL DURHAM CUES}~
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Refinish with linen OR leather $165-return shipping included.

Here's a little before and after of the repair and refinish work we are continuing to offer.

We recently repaired a VikiNg that had been in a car accident. The owner attempted repair of the cue at first, but decided to send it our way for some major reconstructive surgery. Enjoy the pics.

Before:
photo-69.jpg

photo2-59.jpg

photo3-53.jpg

photo4-43.jpg

jbravo2984

~{BULL DURHAM CUES}~
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
And the end results! The hairlines cracks you see in the inlays are actually not a result of the accident. It's an older cue and there are spots like this throughout the cue. Needless to say, whenthe cue cam to use it had a horrible buzz sound and was crooked like an "s". She's pretty darn straight now and if I didn't tell you what had happened, you probably wouldn't even know :) I'm very pleased with the results here and want everyone to know, you can be confident in out work with any task at hand.
photo3-52.jpg

photo3-52.jpg

photo2-57.jpg

photo-67.jpg

photo-68.jpg

photo4-42.jpg

photo5-37.jpg

Last edited:

cuenut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
What were the "countersink" holes in teh cue from in the before pictures? Did someone try to hold the cue together with screws? Nice work.

jbravo2984

~{BULL DURHAM CUES}~
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
What were the "countersink" holes in teh cue from in the before pictures? Did someone try to hold the cue together with screws? Nice work.

Great eye! That's what I was thinking when those were filled with wood filler! :) I think maybe that was the original intent for them, but I can't say for sure because there weren't any screws in it.
To answer the question about repair costs in a situation like this, our customer got a great price because he has sent a lot of work our way and that day, when it came in the mail, I was in the mood for a challenge ;) thanks for all the positive comments guys.