refinish predator cues?

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
does any outfit do this?
predator themselves dont and im curious to know if anyone does.

Last edited:

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Attachments

• IMG_310822_174321.jpg
    IMG_310822_174321.jpg
    277 KB · Views: 139

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Sorry it can't be done, the points are painted on. I'm really restraining myself to not go on a Predator rant right now.. 😆
thanks
Kool I was curious to know , there’s one that has a few dings and a bubble spot, thought maybe it could have been cleared over and improved visually

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks
Kool I was curious to know , there’s one that has a few dings and a bubble spot, thought maybe it could have been cleared over and improved visually
I actually had a customer send me one a few weeks ago. The best I could do was to fill in some chips in the points and spray a few coats of clear around the joint as the clear had flaked off. It's by no means perfect, but it's just about the best I could do on these cues. I think it's a shame that they sell cues close to $1000 that's mostly paint in different colours. They might as well just sell cues with decals.

DeeDeeCues

I actually had a customer send me one a few weeks ago. The best I could do was to fill in some chips in the points and spray a few coats of clear around the joint as the clear had flaked off. It's by no means perfect, but it's just about the best I could do on these cues. I think it's a shame that they sell cues close to $1000 that's mostly paint in different colours. They might as well just sell cues with decals.

I think it's great that they sell them, but it saddens me that people buy them.

Of course, I think the same about Nike, iphones, beats, and most other 'lifestyle' brands that sell garbage instead of quality.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pictures??

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.

Of course, I think the same about Nike, iphones, beats, and most other 'lifestyle' brands that sell garbage instead of quality.
I'll argue the iphone thing. I'm not a fanboy but they are built well. I had a used one I bought for $300 that lasted me 8 years. I only replaced it once I did a big stupid with it. Parts are cheap, you can buy a new screen for $50 or so and it's actually easy to replace yourself. It was still a top tier phone without slowdown. Now I've got one that is a couple models back (a 12 I think) that was refurbished. It was like new and I think it cost $300 or something. The build quality is fantastic and after a few weeks that it takes to get used to how they operate, they are way more streamlined. I don't have anything against android but how they operate really is less user friendly. If I want to get technical with things I have a computer at home. I want a phone that is easy that I don't have to think about, it just works.

As to the folks that have to have the latest every year like a fashion accessory and the brainwashed folks... that is just stupid. Luckily it also means there are like new ones of the older styles for cheap.

DeeDeeCues

I'll argue the iphone thing. I'm not a fanboy but they are built well. I had a used one I bought for $300 that lasted me 8 years. I only replaced it once I did a big stupid with it. Parts are cheap, you can buy a new screen for $50 or so and it's actually easy to replace yourself. It was still a top tier phone without slowdown. Now I've got one that is a couple models back (a 12 I think) that was refurbished. It was like new and I think it cost $300 or something. The build quality is fantastic and after a few weeks that it takes to get used to how they operate, they are way more streamlined. I don't have anything against android but how they operate really is less user friendly. If I want to get technical with things I have a computer at home. I want a phone that is easy that I don't have to think about, it just works.

As to the folks that have to have the latest every year like a fashion accessory and the brainwashed folks... that is just stupid. Luckily it also means there are like new ones of the older styles for cheap.

Yeah, I disagree completely about the phone. Worst phone I ever had. It is streamlined only if you want to use the thing how they want you to. You can't customize it the way you can customize an android.

If you don't want to use the garbage apple users, you will fight the things forever.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
Yeah, I disagree completely about the phone. Worst phone I ever had. It is streamlined only if you want to use the thing how they want you to. You can't customize it the way you can customize an android.

If you don't want to use the garbage apple users, you will fight the things forever.
I get it, I just don't care to/want to deal with customizing phones. It does what it does well and for most people that is enough. If I want to go into hackerman/power user mode I have a PC to do all that stuff with. I totally get where you're coming from though, but as far as build quality iphones are as good as anything out there and with the large user base repair parts are cheap and easy to install. My wife uses android and twice when she's had cracked screens it was impossible to get replacements, mine costs 50 or 60 bucks for a new screen. I mean, you don't ever plan to crack a phone screen but it can happen. The good thing is there are multiple options out there that fit anyone's needs. Android works for some people, Iphone works for others. You can have both and not everyone gets into the fanatical cult like aspect of apple. It's just a well built phone with easily replaceable parts.

jayman

Hi Mom!
Gold Member
Silver Member

When Joss made them they were really decent. When Falcon made them they where pretty nice. Now they are standard issue Chinese crap. The company does not make anything or repair any thing. They are a middle man operation that will buy cheap and sell high, farm out repairs to anyone they can. Good work if you can get it I suppose. I've dealt with them and am NOT A FAN! My Falcon made Predator is ten times the cue you can get today. Feel free to ask how I really feel. Buy a real cue!
I wanted to have a butt cap replaced with one that would look original. Meaning it had a stupid cat logo on it, That was the most ridicules nightmare ever recorded in the history of cue repair. God they suck! I should have had a custom engraved one that said ' Predator Sucks'

Last edited:

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is so many of predator cues out there and still going strong but at some point and time it will crash. There cue to play and for get about the war battles, not worth the money to try and fix.

TrxR

I'm assuming if it's one of their limited production cues made by someone like Jacoby is a slightly different story.

I never knew they were made by Falcon at one point, aren't they a Canadian company?