Remembering Scott Lee

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Remembering Scott Lee

I have been playing pool since 1961. Less than 10 years ago I realised I need help. A lot of help. I just kept doing the same things over and not improving. I found Scott by way of AzB. The reviews said everything. Scott came to my house in Pa. When he left I said to him…. Thanks and I’ll see you soon. I want to continue working with you. I think we connected about 5 times in a few years. A couple times at my house… once at my clubhouse … and at a store/warehouse. The owner had a table in the middle of his business. I was taking a lesson and customers were coming in to purchase plant growing equipment. That was a fun/interesting place to take a lesson. All of my experiences with Scott were great. My game improved greatly. I play good enough to have fun. Scott changed my pool life. And I thank the AZB members that posted positive reviews. That guided me to “The traveling college of knowledge”. Please post your experiences.

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe twelve years ago I took a half day lesson from an instructor who lived a few hours south of me in Virginia. I foolishly signed up for a three day course. It was a bust.

Reading the glowing recommendations on AZB I contacted Scott for a full day at my house. In the first four hours I learned more from Scott than in three and a half days from brand X.

That first full day lasted over twelve hours. Scott was still going strong. I was done. I had more lessons over the years and put him up when he was passing through. We would play some on my table and inevitably it would turn into some very sound advice about the game.

He pushed me to seek out RandyG who would come East around Thanksgiving. He opened the door to the world of pool for me. Scott was a mentor and a friend.

As an instructor he never watched the clock, he never tried to sell you stuff. He only tried to teach you what you needed know and how to help yourself grow into a better player.

Tattooed into my brain is his voice, "An accurate and repeatable stroke".

I'll miss him.

mfinkelstein3

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
So many stories!

Probably the funniest happened when Scott and I put on a seminar in Long Island and he stayed over at my house. Now my wife is Japanese and is very strict about taking your shoes off before coming in to the house. Scott wakes up in the morning of the day he is going to leave, we eat breakfast and he says goodbye and walks to his car.

About two minutes later he comes running back and rings the door bell. My wife opens the door and he runs right by her up the stairs! She starts yelling at him in Japanese and English to “take your ….. shoes off”! And Scott was yelling ”I can’t find my keys!!!” it sounded like ten cats on a roof fighting over a dead fish!

Finally Scott comes down stairs with no keys apologizing, my wife is still screaming and wiping the floor up and I’m trying not to laugh too hard for fear of pissing off my wife or Scott or both!

Well, what happened is that Scott left the keys in the passenger side of the car door overnight and miracle of miracle his car was still there in the morning on a Queens, NY street. We laughed about that for years!

I hope they let Scott keep his shoes on in pool heaven! RIP Buddy!