Review on the cuetec cynergy 11.8mm shaft

LucasX3011

Hi im looking to get a cuetec cynergy 11.8mm in wavy joint and would like to ask for some reviews on it whoever plays with it before as currently i have a go custom 2 12.5mm and the taper is not to my liking
Is the cuetec cynergy 11.8 lower deflection than the 12.5??

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unfortunately I didn't have possibilty to try a 11.8 Cynergy yet but I had some time with a 12.5 and I can tell I liked it a lot.
If I did not have my new hobby building some cues and needing not a standard length so on who knows...
When it comes to deflection it is not a major benefit of cf shaft. I've built both solid maple LD shaft and cf shaft. I can play with either one yet I prefer my solid maple shaft. At first I've made it with slightly stiffer taper and 12,4 mm at the tip. It played good but I decided to go a bit smaller also modifying the taper. Now I got the shaft 12 mm at the tip with the lowest deflection I've ever played that feels and looks great on my butt with a straight grain maple forearm/butt sleeve and the most important thing in length I need so I could not be happier. I compared it to both Revo 12,4 and Ignite and the deflection is on par...not higher for sure.
My cf shaft I've built after I could get pretty good quality cf blank from another cuebuilder ...well it has more deflection but I can adjust to it. It hits good, has a nice pro-taper, nice and smooth, very easy to treat to get it clean. But with cf shafts when it comes to the deflection there are a few factors that influence and the wall thickness is one of them. So as a builder who does not build the blanks I'm limited by some of their properties which I cannot change.

Back to your question... I guess if the wall thickness of 11.8 Cynergy is not thicker comparing to 12.5 then it is very likely having less deflection.
As I said 12.5 is a great shaft and I believe 11.8 is a good one too. To tell the truth if it suddenly happens and I decide to get one of the production cf shafts now available my choice would be Cynergy. In my opinion for 399$ baring in mind all available joint options it is just the best offer on the market. The only thing missing is additional length available. If they offer it at least 30" which may become an option soon and if I was not so happy with my current player and if I decide to spend those $ on a shaft...it would be Cynergy.
Good luck with your choice.

LucasX3011

Unfortunately I didn't have possibilty to try a 11.8 Cynergy yet but I had some time with a 12.5 and I can tell I liked it a lot.
If I did not have my new hobby building some cues and needing not a standard length so on who knows...
When it comes to deflection it is not a major benefit of cf shaft. I've built both solid maple LD shaft and cf shaft. I can play with either one yet I prefer my solid maple shaft. At first I've made it with slightly stiffer taper and 12,4 mm at the tip. It played good but I decided to go a bit smaller also modifying the taper. Now I got the shaft 12 mm at the tip with the lowest deflection I've ever played that feels and looks great on my butt with a straight grain maple forearm/butt sleeve and the most important thing in length I need so I could not be happier. I compared it to both Revo 12,4 and Ignite and the deflection is on par...not higher for sure.
My cf shaft I've built after I could get pretty good quality cf blank from another cuebuilder ...well it has more deflection but I can adjust to it. It hits good, has a nice pro-taper, nice and smooth, very easy to treat to get it clean. But with cf shafts when it comes to the deflection there are a few factors that influence and the wall thickness is one of them. So as a builder who does not build the blanks I'm limited by some of their properties which I cannot change.

Back to your question... I guess if the wall thickness of 11.8 Cynergy is not thicker comparing to 12.5 then it is very likely having less deflection.
As I said 12.5 is a great shaft and I believe 11.8 is a good one too. To tell the truth if it suddenly happens and I decide to get one of the production cf shafts now available my choice would be Cynergy. In my opinion for 399$ baring in mind all available joint options it is just the best offer on the market. The only thing missing is additional length available. If they offer it at least 30" which may become an option soon and if I was not so happy with my current player and if I decide to spend those $ on a shaft...it would be Cynergy.
Good luck with your choice.
Thanks for the in depth reply will be getting the cynergy 11.8 soon

Big C

Deep in the heart of TX.
Silver Member
Hi im looking to get a cuetec cynergy 11.8mm in wavy joint and would like to ask for some reviews on it whoever plays with it before as currently i have a go custom 2 12.5mm and the taper is not to my liking
Is the cuetec cynergy 11.8 lower deflection than the 12.5??
I just recently bought the cynergy 11.8mm for my McDermott. This shaft plays better than all the shafts I have been experimenting with. I was able to demo several shafts at my local Billiard Factory store. A close 2nd was the cynergy 12.5. These two shafts gave me the best feel and feedback. I felt very confident with using sidespin with them. I couldn't tell if the 11.8 has less/more deflection compared to the others, but I didn't have any problems adjusting to it. I feel like the Revo I tried probably had the least deflection, but I really couldn't get the feeling and confidence that I got with cynergy. Also, the revo just sounds awful. Below are the shafts that I tried before deciding on the cynergy 11.8mm.
In no particular order:
McDermott G-Core
McDermott solid maple
Predator Revo, 314-3, Vantage
Jacoby Black
Cuetec S.S.T

LucasX3011

I just recently bought the cynergy 11.8mm for my McDermott. This shaft plays better than all the shafts I have been experimenting with. I was able to demo several shafts at my local Billiard Factory store. A close 2nd was the cynergy 12.5. These two shafts gave me the best feel and feedback. I felt very confident with using sidespin with them. I couldn't tell if the 11.8 has less/more deflection compared to the others, but I didn't have any problems adjusting to it. I feel like the Revo I tried probably had the least deflection, but I really couldn't get the feeling and confidence that I got with cynergy. Also, the revo just sounds awful. Below are the shafts that I tried before deciding on the cynergy 11.8mm.
In no particular order:
McDermott G-Core
McDermott solid maple
Predator Revo, 314-3, Vantage
Jacoby Black
Cuetec S.S.T
Nice thansk for the review i ordered a 11.8 and waiting for it to come and test it out