Revo shaft 12.4 or 12.9?

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone prefer one over the other? 12.9mm is a hair under 13.0. 13.0 always felt a little bit too fat for me. I'm use to a 12.75mm and never played with anything thinner.

I've wasted much more money on worse, so why not try it out.
 
I have both and enjoy both. Have not used the 12.4 for extended sessions but it feels good. You have to test drive both. Nobody can say which one is better. Not sure of Seyberts return/refund or exchange policy but maybe you should find out in case you do not like what you get.
 
I have two 12.4mm & they feel great. Wasn't thrilled with 12.9mm so made sure to stay away from them.
 
Anyone prefer one over the other? 12.9mm is a hair under 13.0. 13.0 always felt a little bit too fat for me. I'm use to a 12.75mm and never played with anything thinner.

I've wasted much more money on worse, so why not try it out.



Only you can tell...

Or if you want us to make up your mind just flip a coin.

Heads is 12.4, Tails is 12.9.

Ok. got it for you....it's the 12.9.

But really though, just get one. You'll get used to it.
 
Had both & I prefer the 12.9 because it deflected less than the 12.4. A few people on this site who have owned both have said the same thing re: deflection.

My take on the 12.4:
- deflection-wise probably not any didferent than a 314-3
- you'll buy it because you want a shaft that won't easily get dented or dinged
- you'll also buy it because you're more comfy with the size

My take on the 12.9:
- the last 2 reasons I stated above + IMO this is the real deal when it comes to getting as close to zero deflection on a shaft
- I also played with a 12.75 for years then I switched to a Vantage last year. No issues whatsoever re: size.

Let us know what you decide to go with...
 
Last edited:
Back
Top