Revo shaft red tip silencer

railbird99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I have a 12.9mm Revo shaft, which has a red tip silencer. I am trying to purchase a 12.4mm Revo shaft second-hand. All official photos, i.e. from predator or seyberts all show an unmistakably red tip silencer, and my current shaft is no exception.

However, I've seen several photos of second-hand revo shafts that have nothing red under the tip. The layer that seems like it could be the silencer is brown/dark brown. It's hard to believe that this color is solely due to camera or lighting issues. Am I missing something?

I'm wondering if predator manufactured some differently when they first came out, or if these shafts have possibly been altered afterwards.

From predator:

attachment.php

An actual 12.4mm revo shaft with red tip silencer:

attachment.php

From third party seller with what seems like a brown silencer? (cue is advertised as new):

attachment.php

Attachments

• revo-red.PNG
    revo-red.PNG
    8.9 KB · Views: 861
  • revo-brown.PNG
    revo-brown.PNG
    28.6 KB · Views: 898
  • real-revo-red.PNG
    real-revo-red.PNG
    169 KB · Views: 983
Last edited:

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like the red silencer pads I’ve seen. It’s not bright red, more like a dark brick red. Dried blood red?

railbird99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like the red silencer pads I’ve seen. It’s not bright red, more like a dark brick red. Dried blood red?

I don't see any red whatsoever in the third photo from the third party seller. It looks dark brown to me... The other photos are unmistakably red, no question.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It does get darker from dirt. That looks like the original tip...however any doubt simply pass.

WinnerBreaks

Registered
In third photo everything is a shade lighter than everything in photo two. Explanation: Due to lighting variances between photos, silencer appears red versus brown.

I wouldn't be concerned whatsoever.

railbird99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It does get darker from dirt. That looks like the original tip...however any doubt simply pass.

It's advertised as new from a reputable seller on ebay, but dishing out $1,300 for the whole cue, I don't want to have any doubts like that. I contacted the seller about it, so we'll see.

Danimal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The picture is not conclusive, but a the pad could have been replaced with a brown phenolic disk (if it were a used cue).

If the cue is indeed new, I wouldn't worry about it.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The picture from Predator is a computer generated picture. After replacing a few tips, you might see some structure in the side of the pad. The picture with the darker more grainy pad looks alot like the pad that Longasy sells.

seven_7days

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In third photo everything is a shade lighter than everything in photo two. Explanation: Due to lighting variances between photos, silencer appears red versus brown.

I wouldn't be concerned whatsoever.

I’d be concerned if the seller didn’t use actual pics instead of ones on the Internet.

gutshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All of those pictures have the red pad. If you scrape the side of the pad with sandpaper or cutter, it will dull the red and show some whiteness.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181227-234125_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20181227-234125_Gallery.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 575