Ring Game rules

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A lot of strange rule twists in that thread.
Anyplace ‘I’ ever played: 9 is racked in the middle, 5 in back. Any money ball made out of rotation is immediately spotted, and shooter paid (if he forgets to collect before shooting again, too bad). BTW: If a player reminds him, then THAT player pays for everyone else! Every player has the option to make the player he follows shoot again.
Couldn’t be simpler.

middleofnowhere

Registered
Anyplace ‘I’ ever played: 9 is racked in the middle, 5 in back. Any money ball made out of rotation is immediately spotted, and shooter paid (if he forgets to collect before shooting again, too bad). BTW: If a player reminds him, then THAT player pays for everyone else! Every player has the option to make the player he follows shoot again.
Couldn’t be simpler.
A player never forgets to collect. As soon as the money ball is made the players throw the money on the table. You don't beg for your money.

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A player never forgets to collect. As soon as the money ball is made the players throw the money on the table. You don't beg for your money.
It’s happened. After standing around and only paying for numerous racks, until finally your turn comes up on a dead combo, AND then seeing the money ball you just made spotted up for another dead combo, excitable young players will sometimes shoot again before the money hits the table (don’t ask how I know).

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Couldn’t be simpler.
P.S. I should probably add, that while players usually draw peas for the initial lineup, and new players are always last in line, it might be a good idea (unless the game is ‘friendly’) to specify in advance an optional ‘reshuffle’ of the order following the breaker in the succeeding rack (to discourage any ‘brother-in-law/funny business’).

middleofnowhere

Registered
P.S. I should probably add, that while players usually draw peas for the initial lineup, and new players are always last in line, it might be a good idea (unless the game is ‘friendly’) to specify in advance an optional ‘reshuffle’ of the order following the breaker in the succeeding rack (to discourage any ‘brother-in-law/funny business’).
You have to rotate order every few games. Who you follow can effect how you do. Some players hang balls, some may play two way shots and so on.