Rip Freddy the beard

lee brett

www.leebrettpool.com
Silver Member
Today is the anniversary of Freddy's passing, missed but never forgotten.

I was doing a tour last year and called Freddy to see how he was, he answered the phone while he was in the hospital and said to me "I am not doing good kid" i told him he better be OK as i was coming to see him in a week. Freddy passed away the next day and it hit me hard, Freddy gave me my nickname "The Hooligan" and i stayed with Freddy many times when i was in Chicago, he always looked out for me and was like a Grandfather to me.

Gone but not forgotten, RIP Freddy...

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Sorry for your loss

Today is the anniversary of Freddy's passing, missed but never forgotten.

I was doing a tour last year and called Freddy to see how he was, he answered the phone while he was in the hospital and said to me "I am not doing good kid" i told him he better be OK as i was coming to see him in a week. Freddy passed away the next day and it hit me hard, Freddy gave me my nickname "The Hooligan" and i stayed with Freddy many times when i was in Chicago, he always looked out for me and was like a Grandfather to me.

Gone but not forgotten, RIP Freddy...

Sorry for you loss Lee. I love everything about banks and Freddy's book stay in my car. Every time I talked to him on the phone he always shot straight with me. That is always appreciated. You were blessed to have known him so well.

Texdance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I spoke to Freddy once on the phone concerning which of his many types of Encyclopedia I might buy. He was so friendly, he talked to me like I was his friend though we had never met, acted like he was interested in what book would best serve my needs, and I'll never forget his happy turn of voice when I told him I already owed and enjoyed Banking with the Beard and Banks that Won't Go but Do or whatever its name is. I always wish I could have spent time in the pool room with him, maybe even donated to learn some one pocket, but half a country separated us always. I was most familiar with him through his posts and replies at onepocket.org, and I believe Freddy was a gem, and an ambassador for pool, even when his crusty side showed.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
RIP Freddy. another one of your buddies is on his way, just left on Tuesday. So, break out your cue and play a little ;)

prewarhero

guess my avatar
Silver Member
Freddy was special. My friend Kevin and I were probably the last people to spend time with him on the table. Ed young and Freddy came by Chris' billiards a few weeks before he died. Showed me a shot that is one of those "secrets". Everytime it comes up I say" here comes the beard shot. He spent the day also going on and on about how proud he was of hai big shot daughter in NY. He was about to leave for NY for a boom signing.

He was treated like a celebrity at Chris' and rightfully so.

RIP BEARD

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Pool would not be the same today without Freddy' he has some amazing shots!

Rob.M

Eagles89

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
never got to meet freddy I would of like to.always was going to go to red shoes never got there.save a pic of freddy when he was in the hospital somebody on az put on there.so I did the next best thing I bought his dvds,1yr has pass R.I.P freddy.thank you lee for the post.