Robin Bass -- RIP

JD_Hogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I read on the stream today that Robin Bass had passed away

I remember one of my first visits to Shooters many years ago when I thought I could play, Robin invited me to play a few cheap sets with him. I did and don't remember winning a game.

Soon after I took some lessons from him and realized how little I knew. He really helped bring my game to the next level and I had a lot of fun in the process.

RIP

netspec

www.netspec.ca
Silver Member
saw that on the stream too. Sad; Robin was a great player, I remember his days in Kingston and road trips to Ottawa.

R.I.P. Robin

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Robin Bass had a million dollar stroke.
In the early 80's, I encouraged him to get a passport and give it a go in
Britain.
But Robin was a free spirit...and another one of those 'Van Gogh' characters
that the billiard world seems to attract.....
...he brought beauty to the billiard world rather than to himself.

Someone on the chat today said...."Robin was the only Bass who was also
a Shark."

Robin Bass had a great sense of humor....he would have liked that.

RIP Robin

fkakouros

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Certainly he was unique cueist. A great stroke and a tenacious demeanor that never said quit.

Not to be outdone on the table Robin had quite a rapier with in his observation of the the world around him.

I'll always remember him from the blue denim jacket days back in Kingston in the late eighties.

RIP Robin.

lortee

Robin was and will remain an 'unforgettable character'. He picked a tough road to travel during his life. I never heard him make an unkind comment about anyone he knew; modest about his wins and never diminished an opponent's win. We spent many a time together in my car either heading off to or home from a tournament. He chose my schon cue for me, urged me to buy it and I've never regretted following his advice. Every time I use my cue, it triggers all the pleasant, funny times we had. I would be remiss if I didn't mention that tell-tale laugh of his-that made you laugh just hearing him. I'm a better person for having known Robin. See you on the other side :)

SugarMaple

Registered
Remembering good times.....

I moved to Kingston as a teenager in '71, shortly after a skinny little kid from Brockville showed up , and man could he play!. A life long friendship that will always bring a smile to my face resulted. Great memories of watching Rob turn into one of the best. RIP Rob....your old friend Reid

seether

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I read on the stream today that Robin Bass had passed away

I remember one of my first visits to Shooters many years ago when I thought I could play, Robin invited me to play a few cheap sets with him. I did and don't remember winning a game.

Soon after I took some lessons from him and realized how little I knew. He really helped bring my game to the next level and I had a lot of fun in the process.

RIP

My condolences fore a lost of a good player who and wish that i knew to teach me a few things in pool.Rest in Peace Robin Bass although i never knew you.

Last edited:

Hogan77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
RIP robin

I would just like to say over the last year my wife and I really got to know robin well. Every 404 tourney he would walk over wearing his blue jeans and yellow or plaid coat and shoot the shit. I would always ask him about his stories and times he's had playing pool. My best memory was this year on the 18th of February. We share the same birthday on the 19th so after the 1rst day of the 404 that weekend we drank and had a great time. All our friends were buying us drinks and it was a blast. Robin ended up winning that tournament on his birthday and he says it was the best birthday gift he ever got! One thing I Learned from robin is that he loved his daughter. He would always talk about how she's a veterinarioan and she lives in California. Robin you are missed dearly and you were a great man and katelyn and myself will never forget you!

lortee

I would just like to say over the last year my wife and I really got to know robin well. Every 404 tourney he would walk over wearing his blue jeans and yellow or plaid coat and shoot the shit. I would always ask him about his stories and times he's had playing pool. My best memory was this year on the 18th of February. We share the same birthday on the 19th so after the 1rst day of the 404 that weekend we drank and had a great time. All our friends were buying us drinks and it was a blast. Robin ended up winning that tournament on his birthday and he says it was the best birthday gift he ever got! One thing I Learned from robin is that he loved his daughter. He would always talk about how she's a veterinarioan and she lives in California. Robin you are missed dearly and you were a great man and katelyn and myself will never forget you!

Tap,tap,tap