Roll Off on my GC III

yankee817299

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My table has a slight roll off when I slow roll a ball into the corner pocket. Is this something that I can adjust, or should I call a mechanic. I think that I have the adjustable feet and was thinking of a bottle jack and a twist of the foot on that corner??

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It could be frame sag which is common on GCIII's and Gold Crown IV's with the redesigned frame. Here's a thread about it and the fix.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My table has a slight roll off when I slow roll a ball into the corner pocket. Is this something that I can adjust, or should I call a mechanic. I think that I have the adjustable feet and was thinking of a bottle jack and a twist of the foot on that corner??
My GC came with the bearing plates under the feet, I was able to use a strap wrench to twist the corner foot. My GC4 never sagged.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My GC came with the bearing plates under the feet, I was able to use a strap wrench to twist the corner foot. My GC4 never sagged.
Could be you got a IV after they went back to the original frame design. Early III's didn't have an issue either.

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes. Just towards one corner pocket. The rest of the table seems to play fine. I have a small video, but can't get it small enough to upload to this forum.
I'm not a Pro but this seems like the problem is with 1 slate. Seems to me if you adjust the foot you'll move the whole frame.. the other two slates will move with it as well.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does it roll off toward the rail or away from the rail?

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
Turn the foot on that corner very slightly. After each adjustment, roll balls on both sides of the table, and monitor the roll-out. Continue adjusting the foot, until the roll-out is even on both sides. Keep in mind, it's all about symmetry. You want to roll the balls approximately the same distance from the long rail, on each side of the table.

yankee817299

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does it roll off toward the rail or away from the rail?
It is rolling towards the rail. The roll off doesn't begin until i'm about halfway past the side pocket. The adjacent side has no roll off. I'm thinking that adjusting the foot on that corner, as bradsh98 has advised, should do the trick.