Ronnie Alcano

sammylane12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have always loved watching Ronnie Alcano play. At the world nine ball tournament in Qatar I notice a hitch in his stroke that seemed odd. I wonder if that is new to his game. Was wondering if anyone else noticed.

Mole Eye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Like you, I also enjoy watching him play. I had the opportunity to see him in Person at this years DCC, and I was awestruck. I can't say I noticed the hitch you mentioned at the WPC, but whatever stroke he uses, he's tremendously talented.

sammylane12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He is a super creative player with that long stroke, really fun to watch. I heard that he spent quite a bit of time in the northeast US a few years ago and was unbeaten in challenge matches. I don`t know if that is true but I have long heard he just brings it for the cash

Bayawak

Tirador
Silver Member
Ronnie "Calamba" Alcano

He is a super creative player with that long stroke, really fun to watch. I heard that he spent quite a bit of time in the northeast US a few years ago and was unbeaten in challenge matches. I don`t know if that is true but I have long heard he just brings it for the cash

Ronnie is super strong when it comes to money matches!! I'd like to say that he never lost whenever we staked him but I can't say for the other matches that he had when he was traveling with George from Connecticut.
Nobody played him even; he had to give out huge spots to get any action, even at the US Open where almost all the players were monsters!!

bayawak

mudball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I noticed it as well. Normally he has that same rhythm that Efren does. Practices strokes > Pause at cue ball > One kinda fast practice stroke > Then final impact stroke (sorry best way I could describe it lol). But it looked like he added another "fast practice stroke", it didn't look like his normal routine. I dunno if he shot that way the entire tournament. I don't think it had any negative effect either (obviously).

I think his safety play and creativeness is only matched by Efren. Love watching the guy no doubt, him and Shane are my top 2 favorite players by far.

Edit: http://youtu.be/6q9vb2g-zjY?t=3m49s This is one of my favorite shots I've ever seen on Accu-Stats. A perfect example of knowledge and execution.

Last edited:

sammylane12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ronnei Alcano

Well, he had those two bone crushing misses at the end of the match against Yukio and it made me wonder if that stroke was new....it was so unlike him to miss those simple shots. Just pressure I guess...