Jan 26th on History Channel

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-01-20-19-00-23.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-01-20-19-00-23.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 731

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I posted about this in the other thread.

It's only airing (for now) on History Channel in the UK.

AlienObserver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Secrets of pool hustling by R. O'Sullivan

1) Break and start the run out. Ask them how much for a 10 break and runs. If they offer you less than $40,000, run a 9 pack, break on the 10th rack, pot 1-6 and then shoot the 8 instead of the 7 deliberately just to make a point. Never accept anything below $40,000.

2) Ask them to give you a handicap and say "oh come on, I'll play with my left hand".

3) The key of pool hustling is to not be recognisable. To do that, win 5 world snooker championships, 6 masters, 5 UK championships, and 44 other profesional tournaments.

4) Make them believe that you don't study the table. Your average shot time should be around 4 seconds. (remember to play pin point position tho.)

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member

1) Break and start the run out. Ask them how much for a 10 break and runs. If they offer you less than $40,000, run a 9 pack, break on the 10th rack, pot 1-6 and then shoot the 8 instead of the 7 deliberately just to make a point. Never accept anything below $40,000.

Now you tell me. I've been running the 10 racks even when it was only for 30K.

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

2) Ask them to give you a handicap and say "oh come on, I'll play with my left hand".

3) The key of pool hustling is to not be recognisable. To do that, win 5 world snooker championships, 6 masters, 5 UK championships, and 44 other profesional tournaments.

4) Make them believe that you don't study the table. Your average shot time should be around 4 seconds. (remember to play pin point position tho.)

That's hysterical.

Teacherjohn

Registered
Ronnie o'sullivan quickfire

Been a big Ronnie fan for years and have seen all 13 of his 147s. But if you want to really be impressed, Google "Ronnie O'Sullivan Quickfire." Looks like he's playing bar pool nine ball on loose pockets. And he fires in the last black with high right English a million miles an hour. I think he was about 25 at the time.

pro9dg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It takes 36 balls to make a maximum snooker break. I have watched Ronnie play pool often and believe me if he played with 15 pool balls on a nine footer it would take him about two hours practice to clear two racks plus a further seven balls of straight pool It would probably need a couple more hours before he was able to down them in rotation order. Maybe someone would like to pop up a quick $100k to see him challenge Mosconi's high run. It would be possible for Ronnie to do this on a snooker table using only 15 reds or on a standard 9'. To get a genuine comparison maybe on an 8' upon which Willie set the record. I don't know how he restarted after each rack but that would have to be known beforehand.

Lesh

One Hole Thinkifier
Silver Member
I think Ronnie should approach Jimmy Mataya. I hear he knows the secrets of being a real Hustler too. Maybe they could get Earl to do some color commentary whilst they Hustle the local gentry from town to town.

Pure win!

Lesh

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yesterday, meaning many moons ago, it would be fun & profitable to run the traps. Today, you can't get to the next Pool Hall before your picture & your score is put out across the nation.

I like Ronnie & he is definitely enjoyable to watch. Over & over & over again...

Hurricane too, is enjoyable to watch..