Room Size - What Would You Do?

naji

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't want to hijack the other amusing Room Size question, so I'm starting my own.

My previous table was (well, technically still is) a 7' that's actually smaller than a bar table 7'. The room I have it in is smaller than the ideal size, but I had some semblance of stroke (the room is smaller than the 17' x 13'10" that I would have liked to have had).

At the time, the choice was no table or a small table with tight stroke conditions, so it was an obvious choice.

Now I am in the middle of home purchase down here in FL, and the room in question is at 14' 3" width (>22" in length), which is less than my ideal minimum of 14' 10" for the width. If it were, say, 14' 6", it would be a no brainer for me: slightly tight, but nothing that would prevent me from getting that 9' Diamond.

However, at 14' 3", I'm at that crazy decision of 8' table with ideal minimum of 6" stroke or 9' table that for sure will be tight. I'm actually already asking a cue maker to make a loaded cue butt that would copy the balance of a normal 58" cue, but only end up being 52".

What would YOU do?

Freddie <~~~ could have worse troubles

If you can afford it , buy a 9 footer and a large unobstructed house basement that fits it! sorry.