Runde Cues

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know this is the cue gallery, but since there is quite a bit of discussion on here regarding collecting, I thought I might post a question to the serious collectors in this forum.

I have always loved Bob Runde cues. I don't think I've ever seen one that I didn't love. Everyone I've seen is definitely original in design. He uses exotic materials, and they are all of top quality. Why don't these sell for more than what they do? Is there an aspect of cues that keeps them from being referred to in the reverance of a Barry Szamboti, or Bill Schick, etc, etc. Just trying to learn a few things.

ScottR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Matt_24 said:
I know this is the cue gallery, but since there is quite a bit of discussion on here regarding collecting, I thought I might post a question to the serious collectors in this forum.

I have always loved Bob Runde cues. I don't think I've ever seen one that I didn't love. Everyone I've seen is definitely original in design. He uses exotic materials, and they are all of top quality. Why don't these sell for more than what they do? Is there an aspect of cues that keeps them from being referred to in the reverance of a Barry Szamboti, or Bill Schick, etc, etc. Just trying to learn a few things.
From what I've heard, he would be rated as one of the best in an anonymous poll of other well-known cue makers. I don't know why he hasn't gotten the recognition from the market.

Shorty

A banger at best...
Silver Member
Maybe part of it has to do with his association with Schon perhaps. Many cue collectors and players frown harshly on "production" cues as they call Schons. They are truly cue snobs in my opinion. Schons can hardly be called solely a production cue company, with lines such as the LTD, SP, Elite and Unique that offer very limited runs of cue designs. I think that Mr. Runde gets tied to this moniker and perhaps his cues just stay under valued. Regardless, I hope to one day own an older basic Runde Schon myself.

JMO, FWIW,
Shorty

ARM9BALLER

malakas
Silver Member
Shorty said:
Maybe part of it has to do with his association with Schon perhaps. Many cue collectors and players frown harshly on "production" cues as they call Schons. They are truly cue snobs in my opinion. Schons can hardly be called solely a production cue company, with lines such as the LTD, SP, Elite and Unique that offer very limited runs of cue designs. I think that Mr. Runde gets tied to this moniker and perhaps his cues just stay under valued. Regardless, I hope to one day own an older basic Runde Schon myself.

JMO, FWIW,
Shorty
HA HA. I don't see Andy Gilbert or Barry Szamboti or BLUD coming out with a LTD, SP, Elite line. Do you? Exactly....PRODUCTION CUE=Schon

Addicted2CuesRU

Biff Lowman
Silver Member
ARM9BALLER said:
HA HA. I don't see Andy Gilbert or Barry Szamboti or BLUD coming out with a LTD, SP, Elite line. Do you? Exactly....PRODUCTION CUE=Schon
Ha Ha, but alot of that had nothing at all to do with Bob Runde... I am not sure, but aren't philosophical differences part of the reason Bob Split from schon... Why should he continue to suffer from decisions that are completely out of his control...

I have always loved schon (since 85-86 from memory when I was like 16)... and Bob Runde's designs had a lot to do with that... I remember asking my parents if I could spend my college money to invest in a business selling Pool Cues back then...

Schon is still a top quality (production?) cue, but if there is any slip in quality it is certainly not Bob's fault... Does this look Production? This is an example of Bob's Custom work, please use only his work to judge his ability...

Attachments

• Runde Forearm.jpg
    Runde Forearm.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 295

Shorty

A banger at best...
Silver Member
WOW what a magnificient cue Chuck...thanks for sharing. Always liked that cue.

Shorty