Running A Table Isn't Hard

Boro Nut

Moderrator
Silver Member
I don't understand all this palaver Americans make about running a pool table. It must be a doddle. Make sure all the balls are there, and empty the money out each night. How easy is that? I reckon I could run two.

Boro Nut

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
LOL, I had to read that a few times to understand what he means by RUNNING a table. LOL

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now I have to look up 2 new words!!................

Palaver
1. Idle talk
2. Talk intended to beguile or deceive.
3. A parley usually between persons of different backgrounds or cultures or levels of sophistication; a talk; hence, a public conference and deliberation.

intransitive verb:
To talk idly.

Doddle an easy task
Category Tree:
act; human_action; human_activity
╚activity
╚work
╚undertaking; project; task; labor
╚cinch; breeze; picnic; snap; duck_soup; child's_play; pushover; walkover; piece_of_cake
╚doddle

Now I'm much more smarter.................G

TheOne

www.MetroPool.club
Silver Member
Gerry said:
Now I have to look up 2 new words!!................

Palaver
1. Idle talk
2. Talk intended to beguile or deceive.
3. A parley usually between persons of different backgrounds or cultures or levels of sophistication; a talk; hence, a public conference and deliberation.

intransitive verb:
To talk idly.

Doddle an easy task
Category Tree:
act; human_action; human_activity
╚activity
╚work
╚undertaking; project; task; labor
╚cinch; breeze; picnic; snap; duck_soup; child's_play; pushover; walkover; piece_of_cake
╚doddle

Now I'm much more smarter.................G

You are probably not also aware that "Boro" is an abbreviation of Middlesborough, and extreemly poor football (soccer) team in the North of England (hides behind pillow) :D

straybullet

Legend
Silver Member
Boro Nut said:
I don't understand all this palaver Americans make about running a pool table. It must be a doddle. Make sure all the balls are there, and empty the money out each night. How easy is that? I reckon I could run two.

Boro Nut

Classic Boro Nut!

Thanks for another great laugh!

:p :p :p

supergreenman

truly addicted
Silver Member
Boro Nut said:

Boro Nut

Only 2, now there's someone who sets high goals for themselves. Classic Bart Simpson syndrome. um or a typical pool player...

*ducks and runs (a pool table)

poolboy17

BCA SR National Referee
Silver Member
I've missed shots but it's never my fault. Table roll, cute girl walks by, etc. My teammates on the other hand...miss shots for no reason at all. :D

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Boro Nut said:

Boro Nut

Are you refering to the business of vending tables? Or the way places that have their own tables take care of them?

whoaaaa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
poolboy17 said:
I've missed shots but it's never my fault. Table roll, cute girl walks by, etc. My teammates on the other hand...miss shots for no reason at all. :D

I'm telling you, that cute girl factor is harsh. That factor get me all the time.