S&S cues

Cuephoric

1hole anyone?
Silver Member
I bought a couple of them about two years ago, and all I can say is that Paul's work is under rated.
Great players, with old style classic design, great hit, balance and feel.
I predict that his cues will start getting backlogged in the next year or two, once he gets his name out there more.
He has a good attention to detail that is lacking from alot of the little/unknown names out there, and hasn't gotten expensive yet.
I'll post some of his new cues up from his last email.

RDCustomCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Paul is a great guy and he is really a great cue builder. He will be posting a new cue and some of his recent cues in the coming days. I talked to Paul tonight at the pool hall and just got a look at his new cue. Ivory Diamonds, Ferrule, Joint and Butt Cap thats all the details I am going to list I let him tell all about it. All his cues I have hit really are great.

FAST_N_LOOSE

<--THE AMAZING JESSE JANE
Silver Member
I'm Probably Gonna Start A Shit Storm Here But......

I Returned The S&s That I Bought. I Was Not Pleased At All With The Execution Of The Cue, Or The Shaft Wood That Was Used.

I Will Admit That The Cue Was Loaded With Ivory For The Money, But It Should Also Be Executed Well. I'd Prefer To See A Cuemaker Get The Cues Right, And Then Start Using Ivory, And Doing Inlays.

Maybe They Have Gotten Better, It's Been About 6 Months Since I Had Mine Here.

I Just Wanted The Forum Readers To Have Input From All End Users, Not Just The Guys That The Cuemaker Knows.

Cuephoric

1hole anyone?
Silver Member
I bought mine a couple of years ago, and until a couple of months ago, had never spoken with Paul.
I ended up selling that cue among some others to buy a couple of high end ones, and lately wanted to get another one.
Besides, this is a review area for all pros and cons, that's what keeps everything in check, and lets people have both sides of reason for the cuemaker discussioins.
The more input we have, and the more reviews we give, the more educated buyers will be in the future, and also allows cuemakers to get feedback on their products so they have something to work from.
You can't fix what you don't know is broke!

johnf_34

JF - Fitz Cues!!
Silver Member
Marcus, your points are valid. I will say that Paul does build a heck of a cue. His cues are looking amazing and are definitely better than the one you took a look at. He also builds full splice cues w/veneers in his shop, which are also amazing!

Any questions anyone has about S&S cues, I will be glad to answer them for you or get the answers for you. I deal with Paul a lot on cues and can answer most anything! He has tried getting on AZBilliards, but isn't as knowledgeable about computers, and so I have posted a few things for him. You can search S&S and see some of the posts I've put up for his cues!

Last edited:

FAST_N_LOOSE

<--THE AMAZING JESSE JANE
Silver Member
johnf_34 said:
Marcus, your points are valid. I will say that Paul does build a heck of a cue. His cues are looking amazing and are definitely better than the one you took a look at. He also builds full splice cues w/veneers in his shop, which are also amazing!

Any questions anyone has about S&S cues, I will be glad to answer them for you or get the answers for you. I deal with Paul a lot on cues and can answer most anything! He has tried getting on AZBilliards, but isn't as knowledgeable about computers, and so I have posted a few things for him. You can search S&S and see some of the posts I've put up for his cues!

JOHN,
I DON'T WANT TO BE A JERK, AND I'VE THOUGHT ABOUT THIS FOR AWHILE BEFORE MAKING THIS POST.........

HOW MUCH BETTER COULD THEY HAVE GOTTEN? HOW MANY CUES HAS HE BUILT SINCE LAST SUMMER? DOESN'T IT TAKE TIME TO GET BETTER?

I SAW THE PICS OF THE FULL SPLICES, BUT THEY AREN'T DETAILED ENOUGH PHOTOS TO BE ABLE TO TELL THE QUALITY.

IN THE PICS YOU'VE POSTED, HIS CUES ALL LOOKED GOOD, EVEN THE ONE I HAD HERE. BUT ONCE IN HAND, THAT CUE LOOKED NOTHING LIKE THE PHOTOS.

DO YOU HAVE DETAILED PICS OF THE "NEW" CUES HE HAS FINISHED? I'D LOVE TO SEE THE CHANGES.

WHEN I BOUGHT THE FIRST ONE, I HAD PLANS TO ORDER SEVERAL MORE. THE PRICING WAS AWESOME FOR THE AMOUNT OF WORK. IT'S THE ATTENTION TO DETAIL THATS LACKING.

I'M NOT POSTING THIS TO STOP PEOPLE FROM BUYING HIS CUES, BUT THEY NEED TO KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT. IF THEY CHANGES ARE DRASTIC, THEN I APOLOGIZE, I JUST CAN'T SEE THAT MUCH DEVELOPMENT HAPPENING IN A FEW MONTHS.

MARCUS