SALUTE TO FRAN CRIMI

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Fran
first i want to THANK YOU VERY MUCH for all the time and effort you put into trying to help us improve our game....(y)
i recently bought an old book written by mike shamos with photography by george bennet called "shooting pool"
the chapters are
the leaders/the women/the places/the men/the industry
in the book in the chapter of "the leaders" is a great write up and pics of fran
fran 2.jpg

fran 4.jpg

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hey Thanks. That's a great photo book. It was an honor to be chosen to be part of it.
I have a book with those pictures. Thanks again plus for being informative, inspirational and sharing. It’s people like you make a difference because you care.

Reactions: bbb

tomatoshooter

I certainly feel fortunate to be able to access the minds on this forum, fran not least
(who incidentally was also given props in fancher's "pleasures of small motions")
Yeah, it's crazy. I'll see names on this forum and not give it much thought and then I'll see their name somewhere else and realize they have achieved some notoriety in the pool world. It's like when I saw a Lamborghini at the gas station I go to, I thought the guys with exotic cars had some fancy gas station that they all went to.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Fran, I agree 100% that you are a valuable asset to countless readers here, plus to all the players who have been fortunate enough to take in-person lessons from you over the years. Keep up the good work!

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks so much everyone. I really appreciate your kind words. I especially appreciate the guys as AZ Billiards who gave us this great forum where we can exchange ideas and help each other. I wish more instructors would join in and offer advice, but I know that many people are wary of public posting. Not everyone is up for that.

I remember that I started posting in the Billiards Digest forum --- was it 20 years ago??--- wow. I also remember getting beaten up by bullies in the forum on a fairly regular basis. I would walk away from the screen, literally shaking. Some made me cry --- they were so mean. That's when I started to develop a philosophy for myself on posting, because I knew this was the wave of the future and if I was going to continue, I would have to become stronger.

So my posting philosophy became: Use common sense at all times when posting. If what I type makes sense, then readers will see through who the crazy ones are. And don't get into long drawn-out arguments with attackers because it only brings you down to their level. Say what you have to say to them to set the record straight, and then move on. Let them have the last word.

WobblyStroke

Thanks so much everyone. I really appreciate your kind words. I especially appreciate the guys as AZ Billiards who gave us this great forum where we can exchange ideas and help each other. I wish more instructors would join in and offer advice, but I know that many people are wary of public posting. Not everyone is up for that.

I remember that I started posting in the Billiards Digest forum --- was it 20 years ago??--- wow. I also remember getting beaten up by bullies in the forum on a fairly regular basis. I would walk away from the screen, literally shaking. Some made me cry --- they were so mean. That's when I started to develop a philosophy for myself on posting, because I knew this was the wave of the future and if I was going to continue, I would have to become stronger.

So my posting philosophy became: Use common sense at all times when posting. If what I type makes sense, then readers will see through who the crazy ones are. And don't get into long drawn-out arguments with attackers because it only brings you down to their level. Say what you have to say to them to set the record straight, and then move on. Let them have the last word.
"Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you on experience."
- some genius

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I remember that I started posting in the Billiards Digest forum --- was it 20 years ago??--- wow. I also remember getting beaten up by bullies in the forum on a fairly regular basis. I would walk away from the screen, literally shaking. Some made me cry --- they were so mean.
They were jerks...

...but there's still no crying in pool!

no crying.png

:)

pj
chgo

Leigh

Registered
What we get from this forum is unprecedented in other fields. It would be like posting a video on a singing forum and having Beyonce respond to you personally and then have Harry Styles chime in with his two cents. For golf, the analogy would be Tiger Woods and Arnold Palmer.
I appreciate your responses, Fran. Thank you always for your time.

Also, there is crying in pool. Just watch me after my ten ball league. :)